share rss forum feed

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium
join:2001-08-27
Canada
kudos:16
reply to urbanriot

Re: Best freeware disc to disc copying program? (no imaging)

Would this be what you are looking for?
»www.imgburn.com/

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

1 recommendation

said by MarkAW:

Would this be what you are looking for? (imgburn)

No, as per above I'm looking for "No disc images / ISO's but straight up the original disc in one drive and a blank disc in the other, hit burn, and the original disc is burned directly onto the blank disc."

Again, [disc to disc] not [disc to image, image to disc].

said by hayc59:

BurnAware 5.5 Released

Not free, the $29.95 version is what has the "Direct disc to disc copying". But so far, good suggestion for a paid program to do it, thanks!

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18

1 recommendation

said by urbanriot:

I'm looking for "No disc images / ISO's but straight up the original disc in one drive and a blank disc in the other, hit burn, and the original disc is burned directly onto the blank disc."

suggestion for a paid program to do it, thanks!

You do know that disc to disc burning using two drives still creates a hidden temporary disc image (ISO) on the hard drive to prevent buffering errors, right? It just hides the fact from you. Now some programs allow you to turn that hidden caching off, but you may find data buffer under-runs if your system or drives can't keep up.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

hayc59
Im Your Huckleberry
Premium
join:2001-02-26
David R.I.P.
kudos:21
said by Doctor Olds:

said by urbanriot:

I'm looking for "No disc images / ISO's but straight up the original disc in one drive and a blank disc in the other, hit burn, and the original disc is burned directly onto the blank disc."

suggestion for a paid program to do it, thanks!

You do know that disc to disc burning using two drives still creates a hidden temporary disc image (ISO) on the hard drive to prevent buffering errors, right? It just hides the fact from you. Now some programs allow you to turn that hidden caching off, but you may find data buffer under-runs if your system or drives can't keep up.

Doc that is real good info and thank you!!
--
ãrê ¥Øu êxpêriêncêD
Microsoft® MVP Consumer Security
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
9/11/01 Never Forget
(H59 Clan)