join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..

1 edit

Crown of the Heavens

New Head enchant in 5.2?

Why?

They removed all Head enchants from every thing else.

Now the Legendary questline adds one back.

I miss head enchants from prior Xpacks.

This seems lopsided to me and not really on the up and up.

Blizzard sited that the reason Head Enchants were removed is that is felt to bulky and that if you did not have one you were incomplete. And some other crap about Rep Grinding and needing to grind the rep to get the chants.

Now they add one back, to the end of a legendary quest line (or middle) that not many folks will do?

Nice.

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV

»blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2252···arcanum/

Mattphill

join:2012-12-21
Somerset, KY

Can we copy and paste the information from this link? Most of us read this forum while at work and can't access outside sources. Thanks

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

GC post:

Head enchants are gone.

We decided that putting head enchants on the various faction vendors wasn't working well with our design intent for the factions. There is a lot of max-level quest content in MoP, much of it focused around the reputation with the new factions. I think it's really cool stuff -- worlds away from the old Argent Dawn scourge stone days.

In previous expansions, the head enchants on the faction vendors served to force players into that content. You couldn't even choose which reputation to pursue -- you had to pursue the one with your specific head enchant. Our design intent for MoP is to give players options in how to play, and the head enchant design wasn't compatible with that.

Once we decided to no longer offer new head enchants, we made the older ones non-functional or else players would feel like they had to go back to older content or be missing out on power. This way, helmets are just no longer enchantable and you'll have one less required step to get a piece of loot ready to wear.

Shoulder enchants can now be provided by scribes, so those still exist, but they are also not part of the faction reputation system.

--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to Tweakbl

Before, you had to have your head enchant before starting raiding. It was seen as required.

Now, it's a reward from raiding and progressing along the legendary questline.

With the gating changes they made to factions, they would have had to either put all the head enchants on one faction, or not do the gating. Frankly, i'm glad they did away with head enchants from factions. They were required, and so you had to work on two different factions at the same time - three, actually, with shoulder enchants. I didn't really find running heroics over and over again for rep all that fun. Especially if you got lucky early on and had your BiS from heroics already.

I actually prefer dailies for rep over repeatedly running heroics. Why? Mainly due to the fact that I don't always want to deal with other people. Plus, I can queue for a heroic while i'm doing dailies, if i feel the need to run a heroic. And if you only have 30-45 minutes at a time, you might not even get a heroic to pop (as dps. healer/tank/battlegroup experience may vary). Or if something comes up, and you don't have to worry about bailing on a group (the might have to wait another 10-15 minutes) if RL happens and you need to exit the game/go afk for an extended period of time.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to Tweakbl

They could have left the Head enchants that were there alone, like the shoulder enchants and then made it so that Enchanters/Leather Workers and Engineers all had a separate enchant.

While I am thinking about it they need to make Gathering Professions more interesting to. (Profession Mounts/Special things) Gathering is on the weak side of the perks they receive as well.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to stonhinge

They should have left the old alone

the amount of stats from them would be so little at top level amounts that most wouldn't bother unless they already had the rep (or would just dungeon grind the rep over night.)

so ya this is a slap in the face.

if they're putting a head enchant back in they all need to come back.
--
»Death Star Petition

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to Tweakbl

said by Tweakbl:

They could have left the Head enchants that were there alone, like the shoulder enchants and then made it so that Enchanters/Leather Workers and Engineers all had a separate enchant.

While I am thinking about it they need to make Gathering Professions more interesting to. (Profession Mounts/Special things) Gathering is on the weak side of the perks they receive as well.

If they had left the head enchants as they existed in the game, you'd still be "required" to get them for new toons who may not have had that old rep to max your character. Removing removed that "necessity".

Ston's point about the head enchant being a reward for raiding (even LFR raiding) hits the nail. Now its not a baseline for the new tier; its a reward at the end of it.

You can't have any non-gathering profession being vastly superior to any other. Burst vs proc vs steady stat is fine, but they all have to provide the same overall stats, or else you'll have infinite LW raiders (for instance) and not enough Blacksmiths. People bitched and moaned when JC lost a ... what was it? 20 stat bonus? in tier 13 (due to epic gems).

That's not true of gathering profs. If gathering was as useful raid wise as crafting profs, why would I ever craft? Gathering is far easier to make money at (or at least, it costs nothing). (Note: I understand the skinning crit bonus for some specs like Fury being good, but that's a real outlier). AH goblins would just run even more amok.

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV

They were for the most part BOA's

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV
reply to Nick D

In the past Blizzard has stated they try to balance Proffessions to all be very equal. With that said, I do not see it. Nor are they as interesting.

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to DarkLogix

I tend to agree with this statement.

They should put them all back.

I worked my ass off specifically for them. And on Alts.

MOP is not Alt friendly enough. I will NOT be grinding Rep on Alts, with the exception of Order of the Cloud Serpent for the "Free" Mount. I have 2 of them and now I am working the third. But Blizz is outta their damn minds if they think I will grind Klaxxi on a second alt, even with the buff.

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..

I feel. And I am not alone. That Rep should be Account bound.

Head enchants being taken out was lame at best.

Once you were exalted on one, they were BOA.

I see no bad in that type system. It was Alt friendly.

Grinding Rep to be Honored/Revered just to be able to spend 2200 VP on gear however is a bit under whelming to me. There is loads to do in the game and making things less accessible is a turn off.

Then again. I have of late been growing weary of the WOW thing.
I focus on achievements on my "main" and solo play. (Well more solo then the average WOW player)
Do not really Raid but once in a blue moon. However I like to plow thru World stuff. Nothing like rounding up 25 mobs and pew pew.

Complaint is more about accessibility and alt friendliness.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

quote:
I feel. And I am not alone. That Rep should be Account bound.

I can see that.
I currently see no reason why I should waste my time grinding rep on all my toons expect my main.
For example: All my toons that have riding or flying can use the lorewalkers flying cloud/disk. So why waste the time grinding that rep on all my toons?
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.