nanook
MVM
join:2007-12-02

nanook to Bhruic

MVM

to Bhruic

Re: [Contest] 12 DAYS of GIVEAWAYS

said by Bhruic:

If you don't want to participate, that's your call, no one is making you, or making you have a Facebook page, but that's the way they've decided to run the contest.

I could care less about contests. The concern that I'm trying to pass to TekSavvy is that they not rely on Facebook, Twitter, etc. as their main or sole means of communicating important stuff to their customers. That's all.
Bhruic
join:2002-11-27
Toronto, ON

Bhruic

said by nanook:

I could care less about contests. The concern that I'm trying to pass to TekSavvy is that they not rely on Facebook, Twitter, etc. as their main or sole means of communicating important stuff to their customers. That's all.

And where is the example of them doing that? And why bring it up in a contest thread? I mean, in what I quoted, you specifically state "whether for a contest", which gave the impression you do care about contests.

Personally, I don't want TSI to be only communicating via Facebook/Twitter either, but I haven't seen them doing that. All I've seen them do is only do a contest on Facebook, which since it's not for customers only, doesn't seem like it's a problem.

nanook
MVM
join:2007-12-02

nanook

MVM

said by Bhruic:

I mean, in what I quoted, you specifically state "whether for a contest", which gave the impression you do care about contests.

The full quote, with context, is "whether for a contest or to keep us apprised of more pressing issues..." makes it clear that I don't care about contests. The concern I'm trying to express to TekSavvy is that they not extend this beyond contests and other such trivia to more important stuff. It's also meant to point out that if TekSavvy wants to include all of their customers in a promotion, Facebook and Twitter alone won't accomplish that.

Personally, I don't want TSI to be only communicating via Facebook/Twitter either

Agreed. I've noticed over the years that much important stuff gets communicated only on DSLReports. [One example is the stop-sell on POTS transfers from Bhell. Another was the stop-sell on new cable installs. The only way to learn about them is to monitor DSLR or when you call TSI to request a transfer, which if you just gave notice to your current carrier is to late.]

That leaves out a lot of customers who don't participate here. I'd hate to see that practice extended to Facebook and Twitter. Many other posters on this thread have expressed similar concerns so it's not just me.

As for other companies doing this sort of stuff, lately several I deal with have offered discounts and promotions restricted to registered FB users, thus excluding me and many others like me. It's a trend that I don't want to see adopted by TekSavvy, which is why I expressed my concern, and nothing more.