uniqs
share rss forum feed

Yippz
Premium
join:2005-05-04
Fort Walton Beach, FL
reply to bryant313

Re: [ALL] Cox Annual Speed Upgrade

Yup, we got it around the middle of last week here in the Fort Walton Beach FL market.

Nice speed boost on Premier!

Here's the email they sent:

Congratulations! You're the proud owner of 36 Mbps.

Download, stream, share, play, surf, enjoy. Your Internet is even faster now.

We have improved your download speeds by 8 more Mbps, with speeds twelve times faster than DSL! Cox High Speed Internet now has new speeds- for the 9th straight year!

Even faster speeds for all your connected devices and needs
Includes PowerBoost® for those extra bursts when you need it
Game faster, share more, stream videos, upload with ease, and much more

Best of all, you don't have to do a thing - just enjoy!

Thanks for being a valued Cox customer.

Sincerely,

Your Cox team

Note: We're actually seeing over 50meg speed boosts using a Cisco DPC3010 now bonding 5 download channels.
--
Yippz.com - Unlocked GSM Multi-SIM Smartphones and Android Mobile Phones

bryant313

join:2011-05-24
Las Vegas, NV

are you seeing upstream channels bonded as well?

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
reply to Yippz

Any mention in the email or local ads about what Ultimate is getting pushed to?

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1

No upspeed bonding in the FL markets, were dead last on most things

-Rob

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV
reply to skeechan

i checked the Cox Arizona page and saw that their no improvements to the ultimate tier but i did see the premier increase that Yippz was talking about

digiblur
Premium
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana
reply to Rob_

said by Rob_:

No upspeed bonding in the FL markets, were dead last on most things

-Rob

The Cox peeps think yall have too much else to do than sit inside all day on the internet

But anyways.. you're not dead last on that, no speed upgrades here yet.

sniperboyz

join:2009-10-30
Portsmouth, VA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to Yippz

For my Cox plan, we using Premier but no wondering I am getting 40 Mbps sustained but upload still went 4-10 Mbps. (Normally at 4 Mbps sustained).

Here's random server from SpeedTest.Net

Cox:

We have the devices in our networking which are smart tv, 2 iPads, 1 iPod Touch, 4 laptops, 1 Desktop, 1 PS3, 1 Xbox 360, 1 VideoPhone/VoIP, and Dell Server however, plus guest using our internet, I seen what they have are: 3 Laptops, 2 PS3, and 1 PC.

The Router we using is Apple Airport Extreme 5th Gen and Cable modem is Cisco DPC3010 with 8 bonding downstream and 4 bonding upstream. This is perfect setup and love these speed from Cox for all day. LOL

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV

well tonight is the rumored night that their will be a speed increase keeping my fingers crossed

Rakeesh

join:2011-10-30
Mesa, AZ

Well you know what they say about rumors. Usually changes like these are preceded by a notice of downtime. (BTW that is "there" not "their".)

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV

well i guess we will see what happens

and i apologize for poor understanding of the English language XD

Beezel

join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV

1 edit

Click for full size
New status screen (logged in)
Click for full size
Voice status screen (new)
Don't know about speed increase, but I got a new firmware update tonight. The DPQ3212 has a different status page now, and when you hit log-in it now has a voice status page.

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV

just restarted my modem and did not get the new firmware so i do not know how long it will be for my area

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV
reply to sniperboyz

the new rumored internet speed changes are said to take place in the second quarter of this year

got my fingers crossed once again

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS

The RI pages have been updated to reflect the new 110Mb (with PB, probably 100Mb without) tier but I can't find their AUP. What are the caps for their new Ultimate tier speeds?

»ww2.cox.com/residential/rhodeisl···ult_0329

CoxTech1
VIP
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA
kudos:76

All the stated limitations of service can be found by visiting »www.cox.com/policy

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170

Yep, doubled the speed, but left the old usage caps.

digiblur
Premium
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana

said by skeechan:

Yep, doubled the speed, but left the old usage caps.

Absolutely worthless... guess its a way to get folks on business accounts.

Iceman0803

join:2012-05-18
Glendale, AZ
reply to skeechan

The pages for my area (Glendale/Phoenix) still show 55Mb max Ultimate speed. On a side note it's kind of odd because I actually get 65Mb with powerboost.

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV

1 edit
reply to Beezel

so i called cox today and was asking about the new firmware for my Cisco DPQ3212 and was told cox does not do firmware updates and you have to download and install them your self and was told this by 3 different reps

i thought Cox was supposed to push new firmware to the modems automatically?

so i called one more time and spoke to one more rep who told me that Cisco pushes their updates through Cox and if you want the newest firmware you have to call Cisco

i have never had this many issues with trying to get some firmware before

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

Well it seems either tonight, or yesterday. My Cisco DPQ3212 firmware was updated to the Jun 1st 2012 firmware. Cox is the one who pushes the firmware update, if your modem hasn't got the update yet. It's possible cox hasn't pushed it in your area. Only tip I can give you, is you may be able to push, and hold the reset button on back of modem for about 45 second's. See if the modem picks up the new firmware while rebooting. As I have seen case's of a new firmware being pushed out, and a modem somehow missing the update. Then at a later time when the modem is rebooted, it picks up the new firmware update.

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV

well i tried all that and still did not get the firmware update

Beezel

join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV
reply to bryant313

said by bryant313:

so i called cox today and was asking about the new firmware for my Cisco DPQ3212 and was told cox does not do firmware updates and you have to download and install them your self and was told this by 3 different reps

so i called one more time and spoke to one more rep who told me that Cisco pushes their updates through Cox and if you want the newest firmware you have to call Cisco

That's because your question wasn't on their script that they read from.

jsimmons
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-24
Falls Church, VA
reply to bryant313

said by bryant313:

Not sure if the policy/procedure has changed, but in the past I simply PM'ed one of the Cox reps on this forum asking for a firmware push to my modem. After sending them the hardware mac address, they updated it for me to the correct Cox-supported release.
--
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."- Albert Einstein

CoxVegas

join:2011-07-25
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:6
reply to bryant313

said by bryant313:

Our front line people really don't know about the different firmwares.

New firmwares are generally slow-rolled (unless it's a security fix), automatically over a few weeks. The various people on here can force an update to an individual modem if required (usually you get a new modem with an ANCIENT firmware and it hasn't been hit by the automatic sweep yet).

odog
Cable Centric Vendor Biased
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA
kudos:10
reply to Beezel

sigh.

If you can, please find out what location this happened in. It's clear we need to do a little refresher course on how modem firmware works.

BTW, the tier1 reps generally don't do manual code upgrades. The process is automated to happen in the middle of the night. During the shift between one version to another, we can however manually upgrade you to the "new" code. After that "new" code is approved, it is automatically deployed each night to any modem that doesn't have it.

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV
reply to CoxVegas

i was able to get the new firmware

i got it some time late last night

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV

looks like it will be year 3 of price increase followed by no internet speed increases

kboxvegas4

join:2001-11-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:1

Just got off the phone with Cox about my node issues, looks like the speed upgrades are hitting Jan 31st. Premiere is going to 50/10 and ultimate is going to 150/20. This is for Las Vegas, dont know about the rest of the markets.

EyeInTheSky

join:2010-09-20
Las Vegas, NV

That would be awesome....but sounds too good to be true.

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV
reply to kboxvegas4

i certainly hope that is true but i think the rep meant to say that premier would go to 36 down and 10 up and ultimate would go to 100 down and 20 up but i could be wrong here