Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to grayem

Re: [HSI] Offered me a lower rate when I cancelled my interenet!

said by grayem:

I dont get it, if your price goes to to $50 anyway, why not cancel and call back 3 minutes later for a new account?

You can't do that as accounts are tied to the address of the house. You would have to wait a minimum of 3 months to start a new account.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

NightOwl2

join:2012-03-19

The accounts are not tied to the house. I have moved several times and transferred service right after the previous tenant vacated. And I have set up accounts for several different cable companies. There is a risk assessment. Person is then associated with the address with a new account number. That customer is usually eligible for a new promo, if they didn't transfer service.

But correct, I could not call back 3 minutes later for a new account! The equipment would have to be returned. And obviously my name and SS number remains the same, quite difficult to pretend I am a new customer.

grayem

join:2000-09-22
Saint Louis, MO
Reviews:
·Charter

I am not suggesting you pretend to be anyone else or start a new account under a new name.
Its a bluff; if they dont take it call back and say you want service, new or reinstate, you lose nothing except the $20 install fee.. They will still make you pay the same rate if you don't get the $40 rate unless $2 makes a difference to you. I guarantee that if you cancel and then call back ten minutes later and say you changed your mind they aren't going to tell you they don't want your money.

You can also call and say cancel, go through the motions. They will ask for when you want it to be disconnected, tell them tomorrow at noon. If they still dont offer a better rate, then tell them never mind and cancel the cancellation or wait 20 minutes and call them back before they sever the connection, I am sure they will be happy to keep you.

Its a game, and like buying a car, sometimes you have to get up and walk out to show you mean business.

andyscomp03

join:2012-12-21
reply to cork1958

said by cork1958:

said by grayem:

I dont get it, if your price goes to to $50 anyway, why not cancel and call back 3 minutes later for a new account?

You can't do that as accounts are tied to the address of the house. You would have to wait a minimum of 3 months to start a new account.

When I dropped off my modem and explained that the cost was too much for what I do, the charter rep at the local office here told me it was 30 days to be eligible for new customer pricing.