Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11

2 recommendations

reply to 34764170

Re: IPV6

"I very much doubt that."

Doubt all you want, this site is not a reflection of the Internet user. I would say less than 1% of the people I talk to on a daily basis have any idea what an IP address is let alone when IPV6 may be available to them. At this point in time its not relevant.

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

1 edit

1 recommendation

said by hobgoblin:

Doubt all you want, this site is not a reflection of the Internet user. I would say less than 1% of the people I talk to on a daily basis have any idea what an IP address is let alone when IPV6 may be available to them. At this point in time its not relevant.

That's nice, not everyone that is aware of what IPv6 is and is interested in having IPv6 enabled service knows about DSLR or comes to this site either. There are a lot more people who are aware of IPv6 that have never even heard of DSLR.

Consider this. Comcast has only v6 enabled 50% of their CMTS's and they're at 3% of their Internet customers having v6 running. That is somewhere around 500,000 customers and that's barely scratching the surface. Once they complete the other 50% to have 100% roll out by the middle of next year they will have no problem hitting 10% and that's without doing any work to inform the "masses" about what IPv6 is.

PCInTech
keeping art alive since 1953
Premium
join:2004-06-07
Massena, NY
kudos:9
Reviews:
·VOIPO
reply to hobgoblin
said by hobgoblin:

"I very much doubt that."

Hob

Having been an Internet provider myself, this is hysterical. 99% of normal users have NO clue.