share rss forum feed

Suit Up

join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA

1 recommendation

reply to 34764170

Re: IPV6

said by 34764170:

It is better than zero customers and they have to start somewhere.

Of course it's better than zero. But it's still sad that after all this time that we've known we need to switch to IPv6 that was still their goal deployment (and, yes, I know it's not just TWC who are at fault for this). This is something that they could've done at the same time as upgrading to DOCSIS 3.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

1 recommendation

said by Suit Up:

Of course it's better than zero. But it's still sad that after all this time that we've known we need to switch to IPv6 that was still their goal deployment (and, yes, I know it's not just TWC who are at fault for this). This is something that they could've done at the same time as upgrading to DOCSIS 3.

I am not denying that aspect. Both from a firmware perspective and roll out perspective we should be much further ahead. There is still more than enough work going forward but enough firmware / software is ready and the core Internet connectivity between transit providers is good enough. Now is the time for more edge access networks to roll out dual-stack service. There wasn't as much movement in 2012 as I had hoped but there is a lot of testing going on even if a lot of it is not visible. We will start seeing a lot more progress in 2013.