Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Varlik
Without Honor You Will Never Be Free
Premium
join:2002-01-06
Anderson, SC

It's an Apartment site handle by a Charter Bussiness Rep so.

Why is Charter trying to call me? It's Christmas Eve for Christ sakes. Don't these boobs realize that this address is an apartment in a very large apartment site. More importantly don't they realize that this site has a contract with Charter Business Solutions.

Basic / Expanded cable is Billed and provided via my rent. (the Apartment Management turns that on) Anything else is handled by the Charter Business Sales Rep assigned to this location and only that Sales Rep can handle this location (and installed by Charter Techs). Want to upgrade to Digital cable add premium channels and or add HSI you have to call that Business Solutions rep.

They even send me flyers in the mail saying

We see that you have HSI why upgrade and Add Digital TV and Phone to your HSI

We see that you have Cable TV why not upgrade and Add HSI And Phone to your Cable TV.

How much money do they waste in sells marketing and advertising trying to sell to people in similar circumstances?

Also my new HSI Bill Came and I noticed in the comments section I'll be losing two more channels next month.
--
"Sir SIR! We don't use DHCP servers. We only use IBM & Microsoft servers." From there my call to tech support went steadily downhill.

--Turn the lights down in your soul cut the power to your heart see the carcass in its dying rages.

AMDUSER
Premium
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
kudos:1

1 recommendation

If you want them to stop calling fill this out...

»connect.charter.com/cas/portal/s···acy.aspx

markopoleo

join:2003-04-02
Bonne Terre, MO
reply to Varlik
Lots of people work on Christmas Eve, also many times its a Charter affiliate that gets paid based on sales.

Varlik
Without Honor You Will Never Be Free
Premium
join:2002-01-06
Anderson, SC
reply to Varlik
Its not so much that I want them to stop calling. It's that they technically shouldn't even be trying to sell me (and sing me up) for anything. Only the Charter Business Solutions Sales Representative / Agent for this location can sell or sign anyone who lives in this apartment complex up for anything.

Everyone in all the buildings has had notes stuck in their door numerous times (this past year) from the apartment management. Reminding them to only go through the specific Charter business sales agent via her personal number. Otherwise you don't get certain price breaks and will encounter billing snafus. But yes it's annoying getting marketing sales calls on the day of Christmas Eve.
--
"Sir SIR! We don't use DHCP servers. We only use IBM & Microsoft servers." From there my call to tech support went steadily downhill.

--Turn the lights down in your soul cut the power to your heart see the carcass in its dying rages.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
Screw that! I wouldn't want anyone calling me on Christmas Eve that is trying to sell me anything, period, unless I had called them!!

Charter's hands must be tied in so many knots, neither hand knows what it's doing anymore, let alone the left not knowing what the right is doing.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

Premium
join:2012-06-11
I agree cork1958...A couple of years ago I thought Charter was really turning around and getting their act together under the PREVIOUS executive management, now with Tom Rutledge in charge it seems that all the hard work done previously is being thrown away.

Disgraceful.

I get the feeling that we will be witnessing the second train wreck at Charter sometime in the near future.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
Charter stock is at $73 a share. Double what it was 3 years ago.

AMDUSER
Premium
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Time Warner Cable
That may be, except that Charter has not posted a profit except maybe 1 - 2 times since leaving leaving Chapter 11 Bankruptcy..

It looks like Charter is trying to expand..
»www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/blog···for.html

...For years I predicted their impending bankruptcy. They largely extended the amount of time it would take by pushing back when most of its debt was was due, but it finally happened.

I see another bankruptcy in Charters future.. their business can not continue to operate and sustain massive losses.

battleop

join:2005-09-28
Profit = Taxes....

iwinrar

join:2010-03-18
reply to AMDUSER
It was shocking how much more debt they had then smaller and larger ISP's.