Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

Re: I just wanted to say

Also realizing that I'm probably the only one at work today. Depressing.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

i got sacked 2 weeks ago just before the holidays so you could be worse off my friend

and yes warriors , priests blah blah kill things heal ppl

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

That's awful, I'm sorry to hear. Any worker's comp, or able to collect unemployment? Or earned vacation paid out?

Rhenai
join:2010-09-07
Pensacola, FL

Rhenai to Snuffbox

to Snuffbox
Am at work as well, but enjoying the relaxed atmosphere - everyone is busier eating Christmas cookies and counting the hours until we leave and yes, watching MORE snow come down!

It's a white Christmas here, no doubt!

And in case anyone was not sure what to get me for Christmas, I'm taking cash donations to fund the inevitable speeding ticket I got last night - the mustang proved too much for the speed trapping police man, he just could not / would not look the other way. I even suggested to him that he should just say Hey, Merry Christmas Lady, here's your warning, slow down!

No such luck.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
apparently you have to wait a certain amount of time before you can file for insurance with the state which is up today so i will file a claim today. but i am still happy my family and i will still enjoy the holiday, Happy Christmas everyone.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Rhenai

Premium Member

to Rhenai
Certainly more relaxed here too. We're participating in an ugly sweater contest.

My wife works the hospital tomorrow - doesn't really feel like Christmas for me this year.

We have about an inch of snow...
Snuffbox

Snuffbox to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
Yeah, my understanding is they don't want you receiving a paycheck (most organizations are biweekly, meaning before two weeks you could still be seeing a check) on top of unemployment.