Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Octavean

Re: Merry Christmas to me.

said by Octavean:

I ended up buying two Auria EQ276W monitors.

I'm a little unclear if this is in US dollars or Canadian though. $650US is about average for the HP zr2740w. $399 is about average for the Auria EQ276W.

I got mine for $599 each (one for me and one for my wife) I would have liked to know about that Nixeus before but insofar I'm pretty happy with the HP.

I'll probably be posting some more about it shortly. The size and colors blow my V233H out of out of the water by a longshot.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

AlphaOne
I see
Premium
join:2004-02-21
I'm so close at getting the ZR2740w. I really don't mind the lack of OSD.
I think they revised it earlier this year. It now has less aggressive G coating.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
said by AlphaOne:

I'm so close at getting the ZR2740w. I really don't mind the lack of OSD.
I think they revised it earlier this year. It now has less aggressive G coating.

Are you saying there's more or less glare in the latest revision?
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to AlphaOne
Don't get me wrong I very much like name brand products like HP, ASUS, Dell and so on. So I guess I would have preferred to go with such a monitor. My problem with the HP zr2740w was that the lack of of an on screen menu was a screaming sign that a corner was being cut and that this was ultimately a budget product. Unfortunately I didn't really see the price as a budget price but rather a quasi budget price. For around the $700 range, not much more even if you have to wait for a special deal, I felt I could do a bit better. Still I didn't quite want to go even higher in price,...

Anyway the Auria EQ276W at $399 plus comparatively scant NJ tax (a budget price IMO) was just too good of a deal to pass up on and I liked it enough after buying one for my Wife to buy another for myself.

I don't think you can go wrong either way though.

AlphaOne
I see
Premium
join:2004-02-21
Yup, traditionally HP is pricier than Dell. Hated that.
But to see comparable product cost a little less, says a lot ... some obvious cost cutting is in place. It comes down to personal preferences, and to some, the OSD (or the lack of) is not big deal.

I just heard of this Auria. Something I might need to consider.