how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jk2f

@centurytel.net

[CenturyTel] Setting up a wireless modem not provided by Century

Hi,

I'm attempting to set up a Rosewill 300M Wireless N Router (RNX-N300RT) to my parent's Westell (Model E90-610014-06) modem. The Westell modem does not have wireless capabilities, and now that they have a Kindle Fire, they would like wireless. I received the Rosewill router from a friend who said I could just connect the modem through the router to the computer and it should work. However, when I attempt that, I get no internet signal at all. I have heard from other sites that Centurylink has made it very difficult, if not impossible, to use wireless routers that they do not provide in order to make you rent theirs. Does anyone know how I can get this set up? I'm competent with computers, but I'm not all that familiar with network stuff, so step-by-step instructions would be great.

Thanks,
Jaime

Ken1943

join:2001-12-30
Denver, CO

Re: [CenturyTel] Setting up a wireless modem not provided by Cen

I general, you to have to access the modem setup and put it into bridge mode. Then access the router setup and set it for ppoe and put your user name and password into the router. Reboot both and you should be good to go.
I cannot tell you how to enter setup on either. Should be able to search for the info.

Ken1943

join:2001-12-30
Denver, CO
reply to jk2f