uniqs
share rss forum feed

billydunwood

join:2008-04-23
united state
kudos:2

1 edit

Is it really that hard to double check?

I bought a Fram AirHog air filter off ebay as a christmas present for somebody. It arrived today(USPS delayed). The air filter is PRA324A and I ordered a PRA136. Even the packaging slip that is on top of the air filter says PRA136 yet I get a PRA324A air filter that is completely different that the one I ordered. My question is: How hard is it to double check the item before shipping it, especially when the packaging slip that came with the air filter says something completely different that what they shipped?
I contacted the seller and told them, but I am just upset that such a careless mistake was made and now I have to wait past Christmas to give the gift. And its not like the seller ships a ton of items a day, they ship maybe 4 or 5.
--
No Victim=No Crime

removed
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX
kudos:40

»Rants, Raves, and Praise

billydunwood

united state

»General Questions
--
No Victim=No Crime

jjoshua
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ
kudos:3
reply to removed

He did ask a question.

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
kudos:1
reply to billydunwood

You bought somebody an air filter for Christmas?

billydunwood

united state

said by Oedipus:

It was a Fram HighPerformance air filter, and was 1 of 3 gifts given to a single person. Rather than have him replace his air filter every 6 months to a year, this doesnt need replacing for 200k miles.
--
No Victim=No Crime

Zach1
Premium
join:2006-11-26
NW Minnesota

said by billydunwood:

said by Oedipus:

It was a Fram HighPerformance air filter, and was 1 of 3 gifts given to a single person. Rather than have him replace his air filter every 6 months to a year, this doesnt need replacing for 200k miles.

As someone who loves to give and receive practical gifts, something at this price-point that will last for a decade or longer is genius! Hopefully the shipper will get it sorted out ASAP and the receiver isn't too disappointed in having to wait a few days. Been there and done that and it would be nice if those filling orders would be more careful.
--
Zach

billydunwood

united state

said by Zach1:

said by billydunwood:

said by Oedipus:

As someone who loves to give and receive practical gifts, something at this price-point that will last for a decade or longer is genius! Hopefully the shipper will get it sorted out ASAP and the receiver isn't too disappointed in having to wait a few days. Been there and done that and it would be nice if those filling orders would be more careful.

That's exactly what I was thinking, a great gift for a great price.
--
No Victim=No Crime

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
reply to billydunwood

Maybe you should have ordered the item well before crunch time so if there had been any problems....
I'm not saying it's your fault but you have to put in some kind of buffer for the stupidity factor these days.

billydunwood

united state

said by Harddrive:

Maybe you should have ordered the item well before crunch time so if there had been any problems....
I'm not saying it's your fault but you have to put in some kind of buffer for the stupidity factor these days.

I ordered it on December 16th, it shipped the 17th and was supposed to be here the 19th, but USPS lost it, and delivered it today. Yes I ordered it too close to Christmas, that I will take responsibility for.
--
No Victim=No Crime

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
reply to billydunwood

said by billydunwood:

Even the packaging that is on top of the air filter says PRA136 yet I get a PRA324A air filter that is completely different that the one I ordered. My question is: How hard is it to double check the item before shipping it

Well you said the packaging said what you ordered though contents was not.
Did it appear to have been opened or repackaged? If not you really expect them to violate the packaging to be sure that is was is really in there when the outside clearly say it is what you ordered.

And its busy time.... just not time for that, especially if no reason to do so.
--

Expand your moderator at work

billydunwood

united state
reply to Hayward

Re: Is it really that hard to double check?

said by Hayward:

said by billydunwood:

Even the packaging that is on top of the air filter says PRA136 yet I get a PRA324A air filter that is completely different that the one I ordered. My question is: How hard is it to double check the item before shipping it

Did it appear to have been opened or repackaged? If not you really expect them to violate the packaging to be sure that is was is really in there when the outside clearly say it is what you ordered.

The packaging said the wrong air filter, the Package Slip said the right air filter. The package said PRA324A when I ordered PRA136. The SLIP/Receipt said PRA136. The package is new, unopened, just the completely wrong filter.
--
No Victim=No Crime

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

said by billydunwood:

said by Hayward:

said by billydunwood:

The packaging said the wrong air filter, the Package Slip said the right air filter. The package said PRA324A when I ordered PRA136. The SLIP/Receipt said PRA136. The package is new, unopened, just the completely wrong filter.

Well Ok but that is not what you actually typed. Maybe left out the word slip as in package slip, making it seem like you meant box.
--

billydunwood

united state

said by Hayward:

Well Ok but that is not what you actually typed. Maybe left out the word slip as in package slip, making it seem like you meant box.

You are completely correct, and I fixed it. Thank you for letting me know.
--
No Victim=No Crime
Expand your moderator at work

Secyurityet
Premium
join:2012-01-07
untied state
reply to billydunwood

Re: Is it really that hard to double check?

Hey, even Amazon makes mistakes like that...

»[Rant] Amazon - Please Check the Drive BEFORE You Send It!

But they fixed it...

cowboyro
Premium
join:2000-10-11
Shelton, CT
reply to billydunwood

said by billydunwood:

Rather than have him replace his air filter every 6 months to a year, this doesnt need replacing for 200k miles.

Have you looked at a dirty air filter? There is only one way a filter lasts 200k miles: it allows all dirt to go through, straight into the engine. And then you won't have to worry about replacing it after 200k miles because the engine will die way before...

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10

I believe it was just a poor choice of words. It's a washable filter that would be cleaned every "X" amount of miles, but maybe the suggestion is to replace it at 200k.

billydunwood

united state

said by Johkal:

I believe it was just a poor choice of words. It's a washable filter that would be cleaned every "X" amount of miles, but maybe the suggestion is to replace it at 200k.

right on the money. For the same price online as any other fram filter, I got the High Performance washable one.
--
No Victim=No Crime

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

1 recommendation

reply to Harddrive

said by Harddrive:

...you have to put in some kind of buffer for the stupidity factor these days.

especially on Ebay.
--
* seek help if having trouble coping
--Standard disclaimers apply.--