All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx to Tx

to Tx

Re: If TekSavvi doesn't fight on Jan 14th, I'm leaving them.

said by Tx:

I'm in the hosting industry (Web, domains, Servers, colo). We are faced with simular things daily. You sir, do not understand how a business works or the legalities involved yearly. I guarantee i get more court orders then TSI in my business trying to get at my customers servers. We appeal everything...

All we ever hear is hot air and bullshit. Put your money and expertise where your mouth is. Give Teksavvy a hand. Show them how it's done.

Better yet, why don't YOU mount the legal challenge? You seem to know all about it.

Time to go BIG or go home.............

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by elitefx:

said by Tx:

I'm in the hosting industry (Web, domains, Servers, colo). We are faced with simular things daily. You sir, do not understand how a business works or the legalities involved yearly. I guarantee i get more court orders then TSI in my business trying to get at my customers servers. We appeal everything...

All we ever hear is hot air and bullshit. Put your money and expertise where your mouth is. Give Teksavvy a hand. Show them how it's done.

Better yet, why don't YOU mount the legal challenge? You seem to know all about it.

lol, dude, you have no clue how a business is run clearly. Even if we had the best of the best, it's his choice to go a different direction. It has nothing to do with putting money or expertise where our mouth is.

Marc is choosing not to due to other reasons. If you'd like to know why, PM him as he's told me in PM.

Teksavvy has their own lawyers, what difference would mine make? He's the one making the business decision not to go forward with appealing the court order. How do you not get this? I don't know any other languages to tell you this. It's very basic.

The nature of my business is a bit different then theirs, but we do get more court orders then they do i'd put money on it due to the nature of my business. If we caved and gave up information each time we'd be done for. As a matter of fact we're popular for our stance on this and it does have it's downsides for attracting the wrong content and attention that follows it.

No going big or going home bud. Go ask Marc. It's his choice not to go forward. That's his right, it is after all his business at the end of the day. You make it sound like his hands are tied and he's being forced not to do anything.

In one way i admire him for knowing this wouldn't be taken very well and standing his ground for a business he and his brother built from the ground up as well. His choice, not mind, not anyones. That is after all what makes him the CEO.
Tx

Tx to elitefx

Premium Member

to elitefx
said by elitefx:

said by Tx:

Anyway, merry christmas dude. Enjoy the time with your family. Have a good day and be safe during the new year
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

While some of the people like myself have legitimate concerns The problem remains we are a minority Most folks bitching Have there hands in Cookie jars, that they should not, all in all not the end of the world and yes teksavvy could oppose it on many grounds but at the end of the Day They are not the Police, they are not the privacy commissioner etc.. They are merely a Dumb Pipe to the Net and we the users are responsible for our online actions. Thus we Should be the ones to Defend them and Oppose these types of orders in a court.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by morisato:

While some of the people like myself have legitimate concerns The problem remains we are a minority Most folks bitching Have there hands in Cookie jars, that they should not, all in all not the end of the world and yes teksavvy could oppose it on many grounds but at the end of the Day They are not the Police, they are not the privacy commissioner etc.. They are merely a Dumb Pipe to the Net and we the users are responsible for our online actions. Thus we Should be the ones to Defend them and Oppose these types of orders in a court.

I disagree. If it wasn't fishing expeditions i may sway a different way. When it comes to your customers privacy you need to take that very seriously. Just because 1 judge says ok hand it over doesn't make the reasoning behind it right. When you have someone trolling your customers, it's time you show you will not tollerate it. Lowering log retention to 4 weeks as mentioned in the other thread makes sense.

There have been cases of biased judges in Sweden over the PirateBay cases because those judges are part of lobbying groups against piracy. So if an anti-piracy outfit says boo, the judge signs.

Again, if it wasn't for a company known to extort in the masses, it may be different. Unfortunately it's not. It's a company known to have a business model of listing as many IP's on a spreadsheet as possible, placing a round number beside each IP and subtotalling it at the bottom. This isn't about "protecting" the art, it's about a new business model, a new cash cow.

The executives have admitted to this, they've been caught admitting to this. Many TorrentFreak articles in the past have been published showing this.
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0 to Tx

to Tx
said by Tx:

said by elitefx:

said by Tx:

Anyway, merry christmas dude. Enjoy the time with your family. Have a good day and be safe during the new year

we should start calling this what it is....

economic terrorism. look up both words and see howi mean they apply.
funny0

funny0 to morisato

to morisato
said by morisato:

you may think your a minority BUT we are a majority of the net users in canada....10 million in march 2006 logged in at same time to a p2p network
back then we had 18 million net accounts by end of that year 24 million net accounts and according to cbc since 2007 we have dropped 3 million net accounts.
the fact is at 6-7 million file sharers thats a full 33% or so of net users....and it would be more and ill bet of those they are looking after another 33% that either dont have time to do it or dont want the risk.
sneaker net stuff.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

I said we the Bitching and Innocent Ie Non file sharers are a minority and You the Sharing type are the majority... Did we not agree? funny? i fail to understand your point unless it is merely to agree with mine?>