uniqs
share rss forum feed

racerboX
Advanced Micro..what?

join:2002-06-25
reply to shwing

Re: [INTERNET] Overage usage skyrocketing

UPDATE:

We were out of town over the weekend and I unplugged the modem and router completely. After getting back, I plugged it back in and checked the the usage again on the cogeco site...It still displayed uploads near 10gb for those few days (when the modem was unplugged). I called cogeco and when I told them about this they finally agreed that something was wrong on their end. (They were able to see that the modem was just powered back on and was not on over the weekend.) I was told that I wouldn't be charged for going over and let's hope that's reflected on the next bill.

What concerns me is that during the last call we made before this, they just said sorry they weren't responsible and we would have to pay the full amount (which was like $500 over two months). Also, no explanation as to why no notification emails were sent. Anyways, I switched the modem and the usage from yesterday dropped from about 10gb upload to 400mb... go figure.

cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently

join:2011-04-19
Hamilton, ON
400mb still seems like a lot to me, if i don't upload to youtube, i don't normally upload much more than 250mb/day.

EdmundGerber

join:2010-01-04
kudos:1
reply to racerboX
said by racerboX:

UPDATE:

We were out of town over the weekend and I unplugged the modem and router completely. After getting back, I plugged it back in and checked the the usage again on the cogeco site...It still displayed uploads near 10gb for those few days (when the modem was unplugged). I called cogeco and when I told them about this they finally agreed that something was wrong on their end. (They were able to see that the modem was just powered back on and was not on over the weekend.) I was told that I wouldn't be charged for going over and let's hope that's reflected on the next bill.

What concerns me is that during the last call we made before this, they just said sorry they weren't responsible and we would have to pay the full amount (which was like $500 over two months). Also, no explanation as to why no notification emails were sent. Anyways, I switched the modem and the usage from yesterday dropped from about 10gb upload to 400mb... go figure.

How often is this happening to people, and they aren't noticing it?

Pretty shady situation

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to racerboX
said by racerboX:

UPDATE:

Absolutely criminal that this is occurring. Somebody should be in prison, and the goddamn government needs to get involved in this.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Cogeco UBB, No Modem Required - »[Niagara] 40gb of "usage" while the modem is unplugged

Mister M

join:2010-05-01
Vancouver, BC
said by dillyhammer:

Absolutely criminal that this is occurring. Somebody should be in prison, and the goddamn government needs to get involved in this.

Mike

The government is involved. They happily receive millions of dollars per year in political party contributions from Bell, Rogers, Cogeco, and others, as well as other back-door contributions (wink, wink )

It's called a silent endorsement.
Expand your moderator at work

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to Mister M

Re: [INTERNET] Overage usage skyrocketing

said by Mister M:

The government is involved. They happily receive millions of dollars per year in political party contributions from Bell, Rogers, Cogeco, and others, as well as other back-door contributions (wink, wink )

It's called a silent endorsement.

In response to your allegations, I'll just leave this right here »www.elections.ca/content.aspx?se···7&lang=e

iamjimsmith

join:2004-01-25
Georgetown, ON
The $276 overage charge I received back in july 2012 finally got me off my ass and switch to standard broadband $44.99 per month and it is unlimited.I also moved my phone to them as well. the next phase of my plan to finally rid myself of Cogeco for good is to get an antenna