Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC

whfsdude to JoelC707

Premium Member

to JoelC707

Re: [IPv6] Seeing two different LAN side ranges

said by JoelC707:

I thought I read somewhere in one of the early replies to set the WAN PD size to None instead of 64. I've tried both and neither seems to be the "fix". Currently it is set for 64 PD. I'll see if I can get an opening to reboot pfSense, Netflix is being used right now LOL.

Just wait until the next Amazon outage (should be shortly)

Prefix Delegation Size is what your DHCP6 client requests for any routed prefixes. This is done WAN always.

When you do a "Track Interface", all you're specifying to pfsense is to say "I want to use a routed subnet." Prefix ID 0 is just "give me the 0th (first) subnet you have." Since it's a /64, you just have one subnet to play with.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

said by whfsdude:

Just wait until the next Amazon outage (should be shortly)

I assume you mean Netflix? Funny you mention that though, they had some funky outage last night. Our 4 year old fell asleep at 8-9 or so and woke up at about 11. Couldn't get her to go back to sleep till after 2 (and we didn't want to go to sleep until she did, just in case lol). Netflix on the TV kept failing to connect.

Tried their support page and found this Mortal Kombat style combo code (no kidding, check it for yourself: »support.netflix.com/en/n ··· sc.tab=0. Then click the first link for the Smart TV) to disconnect and reconnect the TV to Netflix. Got it disconnected but it still wouldn't communicate to reconnect. Then the "my account" page kept throwing up an error (Netflix error, not browsing error). Surprisingly I could watch stuff from my computer so we just watched it that way.

whfsdude
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC

whfsdude

Premium Member

said by JoelC707:

I assume you mean Netflix? Funny you mention that though, they had some funky outage last night. Our 4 year old fell asleep at 8-9 or so and woke up at about 11. Couldn't get her to go back to sleep till after 2 (and we didn't want to go to sleep until she did, just in case lol). Netflix on the TV kept failing to connect.

Yeah - bit me as I was trying to watch Arrested Development last night. It was related to the Amazon AWS' elastic load balancer. Netflix uses Amazon for everything but the actual streaming part of their service. Browsing and selecting movies is done via AWS instances.

»gigaom.com/video/netflix ··· mas-eve/
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

Interesting info. I never knew Netflix used Amazon's services for their infrastructure. Makes sense the actual streaming would still come from Netflix since Amazon has a competing product but there's nothing stopping Netflix or another provider from leveraging Amazon's massive server infrastructure.