Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6 to TomS_

Premium Member

to TomS_

Re: 6.6mile PTP link - hardware?

said by TomS_:

According to the datasheet the beams on the M2 and M5 are somewhat narrow (maybe 10 degrees? it doesnt say explicitly), so good alignment is somewhat critical to get the best performance from the link.

This. ^

The beamwidth is narrow...half-assing the alignment will result in poor performance.
TheHox
join:2012-05-31

TheHox

The alignment is currently half-assed at best. I'll be playing with it more today.

Funny thing is I can pick up other APs in the -80s all the time, that are not even aiming at me, but I can't see the AP that I do have aiming to my station side half the time at all.

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6

Premium Member

You might be in a deep null.

DaDawgs
Premium Member
join:2010-08-02
Deltaville, VA

DaDawgs to John Galt6

Premium Member

to John Galt6
said by John Galt6:

said by TomS_:

According to the datasheet the beams on the M2 and M5 are somewhat narrow (maybe 10 degrees? it doesnt say explicitly), so good alignment is somewhat critical to get the best performance from the link.

This. ^

The beamwidth is narrow...half-assing the alignment will result in poor performance.

Aye and if memory serves Ubi was specifying beamwidths at the 6 dB power point. That 25 dBi solid has a 3 dB beam width of about 7 degrees sooo +/- 4 is going to be the zone.