spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

HellHammer

join:2012-02-01

This is ridiculous.

so for weeks now I've been dealing with a horrible connection, CenturyLink is the ONLY ISP here, now I have to suffer.

Let me get the story out, first thing is, my fiancee currently works as tech support for CenturyLink, and we still get the run around.

literally have replaced everything outside, new NID, DSL splitter at the NID, so dedicated DSL line, new Cat5e outdoor cable from NID to brand new phone jack inside, new phone line from jack to modem/gateway.

Also have tried numerous NEW modems, 2x BRAND NEW PK5001z gateways, a 660 DSL modem, a Westell 7500...

they just swapped our port at the Calix/DSLAM, so for weeks now it's been either connection dropping or extremely slow.

And I still have no fix, roller coaster latency and speed, and occasional disconnects, this is beyond ridiculous, I pay for a 10Mb/s connection and pull 7-8Mb/s TOPS, half the time it's in the 1.5-2.5Mb/s range or even slower, my ping goes all over from 55ms to 250ms+ so gaming is impossible, I'm so sick of this.

all of this money is paid for internet and phone and you get terrible connections, and no real fix or resolve on it.

if there were another connection in my area I would switch instantly.

so what's the problem? we've apparently been escalated but I have my doubts on whether that will fix it or not, as this has happened numerous times before with no fix in sight.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

What are your signal levels at the DSL modem?

HellHammer

join:2012-02-01

SNR:
Down 15.1 dB
Up 10.6 dB
Attenuation:
Down 24.5 dB
Up 15.0 dB
Power:
Down 18.4 dBm
Up 12.4 dBm

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:4

So so signals.

SNR UP is on the edge. (Fair and no wiggle room)

Power Down is too high. (15dBm max)
--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7
reply to HellHammer

Hi HellHammer. This is Joey with CenturyLink. Our team would like to look into this for you. Please send us your information and details on the issue to us at TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com. Thank you.

Joey H
@CenturyLinkHelp Team
TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com