share rss forum feed

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Vampyfan25

Re: Building a computer...in need of help!

said by Vampyfan25:

I only intend on putting my OS on an SSD, nothing else.

No, you won't. Take the word of someone who uses SSDs in his laptops and desktops.

You want to put the games (and all non-game programs) you most commonly play on the SSD as well. For me that's LoL, WoW, GW2, BF3, and Firefall.

It adds up quickly.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Vampyfan25

join:2007-04-29
Lincoln, IL

Hmm, let me see how much more it is to up it

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

said by Vampyfan25:

Hmm, let me see how much more it is to up it

I already did it for you. Why ask for help if you just disregard everything and do what you think is best? I'm genuinely puzzled.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Vampyfan25

Lincoln, IL

Im not disregarding everything. Im trying to juggle everything that i want. I dont need 240 GB on an SSD, i appreciate the help.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

said by Vampyfan25:

Im not disregarding everything. Im trying to juggle everything that i want. I dont need 240 GB on an SSD, i appreciate the help.

So what's your real budget? Obviously not $1700, because that budget accommodates everything I picked out quite well, including the peripherals.

How about you tell me what you don't like about my build, and I can swap out components or tell you the reasoning behind the choice.

Keeping in mind:
said by Vampyfan25:

Well, im an amateur. I have a few people helping me out that have built their own computers, but i want to branch out as much as possible. I have a budget of around $1,700 (Maximum!). I want to build a gaming computer that can handle almost anything that i throw at it.

--

Vampyfan25

Lincoln, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast

Which is why i chose a maximum of 1,700...not to go as close to it as possible. While i did say im an amateur, i know quite a few people who are not amateurs. Everybody has had their own experiences with different companies and products.

I like your build, but its too pricey honestly. Like ive stated several times, i appreciate everything you guys are doing for me.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

said by Vampyfan25:

Which is why i chose a maximum of 1,700...not to go as close to it as possible.

That's what a maximum is. If you wanted a maximum of $1200, the build would look entirely different.

You choose how much you want to spend. You said $1700, I thought it was a pretty damn fine build for $1650, but you say that is too pricey. But you said $1700 to begin with.

Let's start over. Tell me what your budget is, and what games you want to max. I assume your TV (which is a bad idea for gaming) is 1920x1080?
--

Vampyfan25

Lincoln, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast

Yes, my tv is 1920x1080. Ive been using it on my current computer without any flaws, i just dont want to spend more on a monitor is all.

The games that i want to max:

Sim city (Comes out in March)

Mass Effect 3

Ive been playing Dead Island on my xbox, tried it on my PC, but my current PC isnt strong enough.

Honestly, at this point, i would like to stick around $1,400...sorry about all of the confusion

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Do you want any peripherals (keyboard/headset/mouse) in the price?

Vampyfan25

Lincoln, IL

No thanks, I already own some from my current computer