share rss forum feed

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to BlitzenZeus

Re: [WIN8] Search sucks

Hmm...I'm not sure what I did wrong earlier...and I tried more than once then.

It seems to work fine now. I even searched for this file "Atmfd.dll" and it quickly found 10 items.

But that Metro search is crappy. You would think that if you did a "file" search from Metro that it would find these files...geez....

I wonder why my hiberfil.sys file is twice as large as yours?

Something related to search that I REALLY LIKE is GodMode on Win 8. I just installed it. I wish I had done that when I first got this machine. I had forgotten about GodMode as it didn't work very well on XP.

--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

GILXA1226
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-29
Dayton, OH
said by Mele20:

I wonder why my hiberfil.sys file is twice as large as yours?

You probably have twice as much physical RAM.
--
We don't give a d@mn for the whole state of Michigan... we're from OHIO! O!H! ... I!O!

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3
reply to Mele20
Because no software on this system in total even begins to actually use half of the installed ram, and that even includes one 64-bit program which itself has used upwards of 2GB alone. There's no need to have a ton of ram installed at this time, and that files size is based on the amount of ram you have installed.
--
I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires- Susan B. Anthony
Yesterday we obeyed kings, and bent out necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to the truth- Kahlil G.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
I didn't know that the size of hiberfil.sys is based on the amount of RAM installed. So, I learned something. Thanks!

I'm only using 25% of available RAM but if I install virtual machines then that will quickly change.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson