trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2
reply to Mele20

Re: [WIN8] Hibernation missing?!

Do you use those virtual machines all the time? If not, close them down when you're not using them. They are after all taking up system resources in the host OS robbing it of resources.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

said by trparky:

Do you use those virtual machines all the time? If not, close them down when you're not using them. They are after all taking up system resources in the host OS robbing it of resources.

I made sure to get plenty of RAM on this computer so I could easily run virtual machines 24/7. It wasn't easy on XPPro with a motherboard 2GB RAM limit. But I have none running yet on Win 8 because VMWare wants $100 to upgrade my version of Workstation to the latest version which is the only version that will run on Win 8. So, I may try virtual box again eventually...but I don't know if I can convert my XP Pro VMWare Workstation virtual machine to virtual box. Vista UUltimate 64 bit I have never installed. I have Vista 32 bit virtual machine running on the old MS virtual PC from 2007. I can now use the current MS Virtual PC and install Vista Ultimate 64 bit if I want and Vista needs a lot of RAM.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson