spc
uniqs

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo to ptrowski

to ptrowski

Re: Dumbass moments?

I was starting work on the first frame of my basement reno project.

Unfortunately, my wife let my son come downstairs to ask 50 questions (typically "why?").

I managed to send him back upstairs, but not before I had wrongly substracted 2.5 FEET (instead of inches) from the stud lenght I needed, and I didn't catch on until I finished and raised my frame to see it was 2.5 feet too short.
eagleknight
join:2002-11-08
Troy, OH

eagleknight

said by alkizmo:

I was starting work on the first frame of my basement reno project.

Unfortunately, my wife let my son come downstairs to ask 50 questions (typically "why?").

I managed to send him back upstairs, but not before I had wrongly substracted 2.5 FEET (instead of inches) from the stud lenght I needed, and I didn't catch on until I finished and raised my frame to see it was 2.5 feet too short.

Call your son back down for a teachable moment and explain this is why daddy needs to measure twice and cut once.

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo

said by eagleknight:

Call your son back down for a teachable moment and explain this is why daddy needs to measure twice and cut once.

Yeah, he's just going to say "Why?" then I'll say "because you can make a mistake", then he'll ask "Why will you make a mistake?". You get the idea... he's 5

Steve
I know your IP address

join:2001-03-10
Tustin, CA

Steve

I think it's awesome that an adult blames his own mistake on a 5 year old

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to alkizmo

Premium Member

to alkizmo
Reminds me of the time 2 weeks after moving into my new home. Friend came over to help install a cat door to the basement. I was watching my 3 year old at the time, he measured everything, rechecked etc as he is one of the most meticulous people I know. We went to hang the door, hinges didn't match up. That's because we cut the hole on the top of the door! Man ds he feel bad, and he offered to let me destroy a door in his new house.

jkj860
The Final Frontier
join:2002-01-10
Valparaiso, IN

1 recommendation

jkj860

I've got one similar to that, years ago my mother in law had new carpet put in. One of the doors was rubbing the carpet so I trimmed the door a bit and put it back up and then realized I had cut the top instead of the bottom.