spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Premium
join:2012-06-11
reply to cork1958

Re: [HSI] Any color you want, as long as it's black.

The arrogance of the new executive team at Charter will cause more grief for the customers and the rank and file employees when the calls to cancel start flooding in.

It is important when you cancel that you specifically mention that you are cancelling because of a lack of choice in service level with no price leading value offers and lower speed tier everyday regular prices.

mmainprize

join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

Yes ain't that the truth.

Remember a few years back when all the IPS were bitching about the Internet Bandwidth HOGs (the 2%).
Well, now they treat us all like HOGs, and charge like one before we even start downloading.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to 15444104

said by 15444104:

The arrogance of the new executive team at Charter will cause more grief for the customers and the rank and file employees when the calls to cancel start flooding in.

It is important when you cancel that you specifically mention that you are cancelling because of a lack of choice in service level with no price leading value offers and lower speed tier everyday regular prices.

While I agree that if one calls to cancel they be specific about their reasoning but you overestimate how effective that may be.

Many people's only other choice for broadband is satellite or mobile what are far more expensive than Charter. Even people like me who have DSL as an option is not much of deal. At&t offers 12 Mbps for $48 a month. I'd rather pay the extra $2 and get 30 Mbps even if I don't need 30 Mbps. 6 Mbps is $43. Sure a savings of $7 a month but I need more than 6 Mbps.

I have a feeling Charter will up speeds within the next few months and offer a lower tier speed for $30-$35 or so. So if people would be patient I think you'll get you lower speed cheaper tier.

Premium
join:2012-06-11

said by 88615298 See Profile

I have a feeling Charter will up speeds within the next few months and offer a lower tier speed for $30-$35 or so. So if people would be patient I think you'll get you lower speed cheaper tier.

Too bad they didn't think of the consequences at the time they decided to "test" customers tolerance for such stiff arming tactics.
This economy is very tough and while there are still a number of people that can pay anything they want for things like internet, many of us cannot. We don't have open ended budgets.

The most I personally can tolerate is around $25/mo.
If they had kept a low speed tier for value oriented customers I would have been happy to stay long term. I always pay my bill on time and in full, and have never been late. While they probably make a very small profit on me (and others like myself), they still have made some profit and would have continued to make one because I am willing to stay with a company that makes reasonable offers for reasonable service levels.

I have never understood why a company would want to actually ENCOURAGE churn like in this situation.