dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
andyscomp03
join:2012-12-21

andyscomp03 to 88615298

to 88615298

Re: [HSI] Offered me a lower rate when I cancelled my interenet!

said by 88615298:

said by andyscomp03:

IOh well, no more money from me then.

You do realize the profit margin on them offering you service for $30 a month is small. For very person that stays on at the $50 non promo price they can afford to lose some people like you.

I'm not sure why people think promo pricing should be forever. Using that logic they should make the $50 price $30 premantly. Of course people will still expect "promo" pricing thus Charter then has to offer a $20 "promo" price. Of course then people will expect that to be permanent so then they have to make the $20 price the new permanent price. Then of course they'll, still expect "promo" pricing and they'll have to offer a $10 "promo" price that people will expect to be permanent. So when does it end? When it's free?

Sorry but $50 is a good price, it's cheaper than the old price for 30 meg that was between $58 and $65 depending if you had a modem or not. Go with DSL if you have it. If you don't use much data like you claim then just use cell phone data you are already paying for.

What I cannot understand is why it would have been more profitable for them to offer me the service a few months ago, and tell me I can have the new price (which was slightly more than what I was paying) after my current one expires, than to lose me because they changed their mind. I agree with the other people here that an 8/1 or 10/1 package at $30 would be perfect, even if the $/Mb cost is more than the current 30Mb minimum. Some people with tight budgets are more concerned with being able to have the service than chasing the highest raw speed for the lowest cost per Mb.

$25-30/month, any speed, and no contract with only moderate price increases every few years is what I am looking for. Them not offering it is why I cancelled, it has nothing to do with promo chasing. I do not have data on my cell phone, I just go to the library the few times a month that I need internet. I guess I'm just weird, I'd pay $30 to save a few trips across town, but not $50. I'm sure I'm not alone.

lineofsight
join:2003-01-03
East Saint Louis, IL

lineofsight

said by andyscomp03:

.....I do not have data on my cell phone, I just go to the library the few times a month that I need internet. I guess I'm just weird, I'd pay $30 to save a few trips across town, but not $50. I'm sure I'm not alone.

So while you were at the library posting this, did you happen to see any good books or magazines?