share rss forum feed

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
kudos:1
reply to peasoup42

Re: Goodman furnace doesn't stay lit

Now that we have an idea what the problem is, I "fixed" your original chronology of events.

said by peasoup42:

1. Inducer motor turns on (approx 30 secs)
2. Gas turns on ( ), igniters ignite ( ), pretty blue flame is produced for approx 5 secs ( ).
3. Gas shuts off ( ), blower motor turns on and runs ( ),Gas shuts off ( ) inducer motor shuts off ( ).
4. Blower motor continues to run ( ), while steps 1 thru 3 repeat ( ).

Had a Lennox that did this, but I believe that we had to replace the entire inducer motor assembly. What is happening is that when the blower comes on, it pressurizes the system and that is causing a fault in one of the pressure sensors. In other words, the pressure is correct with the inducer motor but not when the blower starts.

peasoup42

join:2012-12-26
Ridgecrest, CA
said by robbin:

Now that we have an idea what the problem is, I "fixed" your original chronology of events.

said by peasoup42:

1. Inducer motor turns on (approx 30 secs)
2. Gas turns on ( ), igniters ignite ( ), pretty blue flame is produced for approx 5 secs ( ).
3. Gas shuts off ( ), blower motor turns on and runs ( ),Gas shuts off ( ) inducer motor shuts off ( ).
4. Blower motor continues to run ( ), while steps 1 thru 3 repeat ( ).

Actually, the sequence I had was what it was doing. I had let it go a couple of cycles to make sure what was happening. But TY for double-checking me.