Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

thephantom

join:2001-04-24
Alamo, CA
reply to PeeWee

Re: Airdroid Help Needed

I opened Airdroid, got the url it came up with (which looked right as it was my router address but with a port) but in my browser, it just times out. every time.
Do I need java installed? or some setting in either IE9 or chrome to make this work?
Someone mentioned some kind of "AP isolation feature" on my router. Can someone give me a clue where I would find that?
I read through the forums PeeWee linked, but it looks like everything should "just work". But it doesn't. It always times out.
I'm thinking there is some router setting I need, and/or installing Java.
Right now, it just doesn't do it. grrrrrr.

PeeWee
Premium
join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA
Enter the full address plus :8888 as shown.

Mister_E

join:2004-04-02
Etobicoke, ON
reply to thephantom
You do need Java installed (for Kies Air) as the interface Kies Air serves to your browser uses it.

As to 'AP Isolation' - this feature is found under Wireless>Advanced Wireless Settings on your Linksys E1000 router.

thephantom

Alamo, CA
reply to PeeWee
said by PeeWee:

Enter the full address plus :8888 as shown.

Thanks, I did. 192.168.1.104:9100 is the full url with port number it came back with. I put that in and it times out.

thephantom

Alamo, CA
reply to Mister_E
said by Mister_E:

You do need Java installed (for Kies Air) as the interface Kies Air serves to your browser uses it.

As to 'AP Isolation' - this feature is found under Wireless>Advanced Wireless Settings on your Linksys E1000 router.

Thanks. That got me a lot closer. I get a message saying it wants to load Apple Quicktime, which I didn't. But then it told me there was a certificate error. So this got me a lot closer.
1) do I need to install Quicktime?
2) I chose https, is that why it wanted a security certificate?
2a) where would I get such a thing?

Thanks again,
s.
edit: I re-tried without checking the https box, and it worked! at least it went on to the next screen. Now I'll try to actually use some of the functionality.

thephantom

Alamo, CA
I get the user interface, can find my folders under externalsd, but can't drag/drop files into any folder there. any tricks about that I should know?

Mister_E

join:2004-04-02
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to thephantom
Are you using Airdroid or Kies Air?

I've only used Kies Air, so I can only speak for it.

Kies Air doesn't need Quicktime.

It will cause a certificate error in Java depending upon your Java settings as you can't self-sign the certificate.

thephantom

Alamo, CA
It was Airdroid that wanted Quicktime. Kies Air let me transfer files, but I had to install Java first. And it decided where to put the file, it gave me no choice.