Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell to UverseTech2

Premium Member

to UverseTech2

Re: Wireless printer connection problems

said by UverseTech2:

What I have done in the past is to either activate the ethernet port at the iNid and install a switch (Netgear is what we rolled with), and connect to this instead.

The inside unit is a buggy device, I would use them only part of the time in lots of cases I would run cat 5 to a good spot and use the same ethernet port on the iNid to connect to a cisco router/switch combo and connect devices to this instead.

Are you saying that I can use a switch on the CAT-5 cable that feeds the IG and use it to feed another router? Running a new cable from the iNID is a long run and I'm disabled so I would have to hire somebody to do it.

Putting a router downstream from the IG in the DMZ is not a good option as far as you're concerned?
UverseTech2
join:2012-08-04

UverseTech2

First log into the interface and activate the ethernet port, I think its under lan settings. Check the box and save. It will then ask for the system password, this should be on the outside of the power supply unit, its also inside on the bottom right.

Then you cut of the rj11 end and replace it with an rj45 using all 4 pairs. At the inid you will put on another rj45 and plug it in. You can put whatever you like here, but usually a good wifi router to replace the inside unit would go here.
UverseTech2

UverseTech2 to Msradell

to Msradell
I would not put any networking device past that inside unit, usually will not stay up because most inside units are fed with one pair running HPNA.

not
@comcast.net

not

Anon

Disable power management on the printer and see if that helps it maintain its connection. If it does, then write into HP support and get them to escalate this to the firmware developer team to fix. I had similar issues with a D110 printer and after a firmware update 6 months after buying it, it no longer drops off the network.

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell

Premium Member

said by not :

Disable power management on the printer and see if that helps it maintain its connection. If it does, then write into HP support and get them to escalate this to the firmware developer team to fix. I had similar issues with a D110 printer and after a firmware update 6 months after buying it, it no longer drops off the network.

I don't have thar option!