how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RAGEAngel9

join:2002-05-11
Savage, MN
reply to RAGEAngel9

Re: [MN] Motorola SB6121 Offical Support yet?

And since I'm now involved in this thread and if no one minds, I assume that with the output below for my modem I am NOT bonding on 4 channels. Is that correct?
Thanks.

Power Level Signal to Noise Ratio
Channel 0: -4.8 dBmV 35.6 dBmV
Channel 1: 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dBmV
Channel 2: 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dBmV
Channel 3: 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dBmV

Random_H3ro

join:2012-12-21
Ottawa, IL
Correct

kb0nly

join:2003-07-25
Tyler, MN
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to RAGEAngel9
The SB6121 will do the 50Mbps service just fine, in fact it pull much more than that.

Take a look at the spec sheet...

»www.motorola.com/web/Business/Pr···heet.pdf

Theoretical max is 171mbps down and well over 100 up, and you will never see those speeds available. I know guys on the 105mbps service where its available that are getting around 110-120 with that very model of modem.

The problem your having is not your modem, its their end, the modem isn't getting bonded on four downstream channels, without that your never going to see the speed your paying for.

RAGEAngel9

Savage, MN
I appreciate the responses. I had assumed what you had pointed out, but since it wasn't working I took MC's word for it.
Since it seems I have other problems than just the modem, I'll have to get that settled first.

pjschwartz

join:2005-03-25
Savage, MN
reply to RAGEAngel9
Reach out to MediacomChad via PM and ask him to investigate at his end . . .

RAGEAngel9

Savage, MN
So I had a tech out this morning and it was a non-modem equipment issue in the house. I've already forgotten which piece the tech said specifically but it was either a splitter that was there when I moved in or one of the connectors on the coaxial. Either way he switched it out and I now seem to be at full speed. I'll have to try switching over to my sb6121 later, but I'm just happy to be getting the ultra speeds.
Thanks again to everyone for help and suggestions.

tsduke
Premium
join:2006-03-04
Waterloo, IA
Good to hear. I'm just on standard package, but the SB6121 has made my internet rock solid since installing it. I think the 4 channel bonding helps even the standard packages. Seems it handles any hiccups better.

n_w95482
Premium
join:2005-08-03
Ukiah, CA
Indeed. I installed a Zoom 5341J for my dad recently, who's on one of the grandfathered tiers (15/1?). He's consistently getting around 17 Mbps down, with no fluctuation (more info here). The modem's currently bonding four downstream channels. His old Arris TM502 would fluctuate between 12-15 Mbps.
--
KI6RIT