uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
reply to Anonymark

Re: [Rant] Winter Storm Euclid...

Can the people who think of these stupid names please freeze to death in a snowbank?

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:9

I would just name them all:

OMGGOTTAGETMILK&BREAD-1
OMGGOTTAGETMILK&BREAD-2

And so forth......
--
In God we trust; all others bring data!

Kearnstd
Elf Wizard
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1

I actually have a "tin foil hat" theory that supermarkets if falling into the red could get a surge of business by slipping the weather guys some hundreds to simply say the word "Snow" and people would flock to the stores without hearing anything more.

I just love how people here in the burbs stock up for winter storms like they will be snowed in for a few weeks. When the worst possible in the suburbs is being snowed in for a day.

Heck when I lived in Danbury, CT even the few really bad storms with a few feet of snow the city DOT had our road plowed usually with in six hours of storm end, and plows went by during the storm too.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Anonymark
Premium
join:2009-11-11
Wilmington, DE
reply to Bob4

We got 1/4" of snow last night in Winter Storm Frozen Death Cometh IV. I went outside and spent 2 hours shoveling it into a snow pile so I could lay down and freeze to death. It melted.....

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
Happy Valley
reply to Kearnstd

Yep...and most people don't realize how much food they have in stock already.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey

There was a shortage of Chips Ahoy! cookies after Hurricane Sandy. I went to multiple stores, but no one had any. Then I saw the Nabisco truck put up to the supermarket loading dock. So I came back 2 hours later and go the cookies. Yea!

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
Happy Valley

But, did you have enough milk for those cookies?

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey

Actually, yes. Milk wasn't a problem. I had a Styrofoam cooler and ice that I got from Wegmans on Wednesday morning.

Kearnstd
Elf Wizard
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to Johkal

said by Johkal:

Yep...and most people don't realize how much food they have in stock already.

I also love that people stock up on perishables when a storm that might knock out power comes. Especially in the summer storms its funny to see people stock up on milk.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports