uniqs
nahrah
join:2012-11-09
Hesperia, CA

nahrah to BETA4

to BETA4

Re: Slow internet speeds at night

Back to sluggish internet
I too have this problem again. I've had 4 tech visit, new underground from street to house, and new connectors and signal check. Turn out the node I was on was overloaded, so they moved me to a new one. To top it off they just barely fixed it now its back to sluggish speed between 8pm-12am. I have the same internet speed subscription as you too. If Fios was available in my area I would drop charter in a heartbeat. Supposedly, Verizon is going to roll out Fios in my area in 2013 after putting a hold on it.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

1 edit

88615298 (banned)

said by nahrah:

Verizon is going to roll out Fios in my area in 2013 after putting a hold on it.

Where did you read that? As far as I know Verizon is done with their FiOS build-out for the foreseeable future except for areas where they are contractually obligated to build out. And I don't remember any place in California being one of them.

By the way here is their pricing. This is 2 year contract pricing, $5 more without a contract.

15/5 - $70
50/25 - $80
75/35 - $90
150/65 - $100
300/65 - $210

Now their 150/65 tier beats Charter's 100/5 tier for sure. But their 15/5 pricing is a joke. And people come here and complain that CHARTER doesn't have any low price internet tiers.
Razoul
join:2012-10-09
Crestline, CA

Razoul to nahrah

to nahrah
said by nahrah:

I too have this problem again. I've had 4 tech visit, new underground from street to house, and new connectors and signal check. Turn out the node I was on was overloaded, so they moved me to a new one. To top it off they just barely fixed it now its back to sluggish speed between 8pm-12am. I have the same internet speed subscription as you too. If Fios was available in my area I would drop charter in a heartbeat. Supposedly, Verizon is going to roll out Fios in my area in 2013 after putting a hold on it.

Also @BF69 - they're stilled rolling out FiOS in contractually agreed areas afaik, just because they won't roll out to any new areas doesn't mean they don't have to finish lighting up areas they promised to do.

nahrah, I've seen them stringing fiber down off Rock Springs Rd a month or two back. I know it's the extreme edge of Hesperia almost to Apple Valley, but they're definitely still putting FiOS out in the area.
nahrah
join:2012-11-09
Hesperia, CA

nahrah

Thats the funny thing, I'm off main st right by the 15 freeway, in the fairly new housing development and I don't have Fios, yet 2-3mi east on Main St they do.

@BF69 I spoke with a representative in person, that had setup a little booth inside Walmart. Said if they gain enough interest they will re roll out Fios in the area in 2013.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned) to 88615298

to 88615298
said by 88615298:

Now their 150/65 tier beats Charter's 100/5 tier for sure. But their 15/5 pricing is a joke. And people come here and complain that CHARTER doesn't have any low price internet tiers.

Yeah, so Charter is less reprehensible because they goose the customer a "bit less" then the competitor? LOL

Expand your moderator at work

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to 15444104

Premium Member

to 15444104

Re: Slow internet speeds at night

said by 15444104 See Profile

Yeah, so Charter is less reprehensible because they goose the customer a "bit less" then the competitor? LOL

That should say a "bit less than SOME competitors"

In areas where Charter may actually have some competition, I bet they don't goose some one as much. Funny thing is, if you've ever noticed, is that Charter is not in many areas where they actually have decent direct competition. I'm not counting your basic DSL either.
BETA4
join:2010-12-26

BETA4

I managed to get a hold of the area superviser or whatever; David benjamin, called him up, he told me to email him my info which I did, got a reply this morning that he will be looking into the matter.

We will see how this goes, but seeing at what has been done, or lack of, I don't have high hopes. Charter has gone down the toilet.
BETA4

BETA4

I have reached out to David via email and by phone and no answers or reply. I guess Charter is in a period where it wants to tonally disregard its customers. I think it's time to send an informal complaint, this slow internet issue due to overloaded nodes is unacceptable.
Strange Data
join:2012-08-25

Strange Data

Contact your local Public Utilities Commission and file a complaint with them. That will get them off their butts
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

said by Strange Data:

Contact your local Public Utilities Commission and file a complaint with them. That will get them off their butts

Yes, unfortunately it appears that Charter is going the way of ATT or even worse.

Only thing that will get their attention is having the PUC or FCC get on them.