share rss forum feed

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

[WIN7] right click open link in new window

the last update introduced a really annoying issue. right clicking on a link brings up the back option instead of the open in new window[EXTREMELY ANNOYING]

any workarounds other than right clicking TWICE?
--
Despises any post with strings.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1

What browser is this happening in?

HarryH3
Premium
join:2005-02-21
kudos:3
reply to dvd536

Are you sure you're clicking ON the link? I only see the back option when I click on the background of a page. (Firefox 17 here).

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

said by HarryH3:

Are you sure you're clicking ON the link? I only see the back option when I click on the background of a page. (Firefox 17 here).

yes i'm sure. at first i thought i was just missing the link but the cursor turns into a hand when over the link.
--
Despises any post with strings.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:12
reply to HarryH3

Same here with MyIE2 (IE6) -- I only see BACK/FORWARD if i click on a part of the page w/no link..

Good luck DVD

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
reply to dvd536

Re: [WIN7] right click open link in new window

I'm using Windows 7 w/all updates and don't see this problem. Right clicking on a link properly brings up open in new tab, window, etc.

Maybe it's a browser issue.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:12

But if you right click on an empty part of the page La Luna you wont see it (You will see BACK/FORWARD,etc)

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
kudos:1

said by Dude111:

But if you right click on an empty part of the page La Luna you wont see it (You will see BACK/FORWARD,etc)

Duh? The OP said that clicking on a link (key word, here) brings up the "back" option instead of "open in new window."

I can't replicate it on my end, either.

mmainprize

join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to dvd536

said by dvd536:

said by HarryH3:

yes i'm sure. at first i thought i was just missing the link but the cursor turns into a hand when over the link.

Then your pointer is not really pointing to where it is at. You must have an offset some how.

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2
reply to dvd536

What update? For which program? Are you talking about right click on link files (.*.lnk) in Windows Explorer? Or is this some kind of web browser? If the latter, which one in particular?

--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
Warwick, NY
reply to Dude111

Re:  

said by Dude111:

That's correct. But if I right click on a link, I get what I said in my original post, which is what the OP says he ISN'T getting (I think that's what he means).

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
Warwick, NY
reply to OZO

said by OZO:

What update? For which program? Are you talking about right click on link files (.*.lnk) in Windows Explorer? Or is this some kind of web browser? If the latter, which one in particular?

I think he means Windows updates....

Some clarification by the OP would be good.

--
The Alien in the White House

20,085 DEADLY TERROR ATTACKS SINCE 9/11