spc
Search similar:

uniqs

abitbent
join:2004-04-23
Brantford, ON

abitbent

Paltry Usage Cap Tyranny Freedom

So liberating! I'm discovering all these great services since leaving Rogers for my internet. I streamed two movies last night in full HD, I've backed up my entire photo collection to an online service and my teenage son no longer has to ration his YouTube time each month when he wants to stream a video. This morning as I made breakfast for my family I was streaming some great internet radio and even updated the firmware on my game console for the first time in a very long time.

Not worrying about Rogers' paltry usage caps feels so good! Being free of the fear of overage charges feels so great! The internet has great capabilities and while worrying about usage caps and overage charges with Rogers, I was too afraid to discover all these great new services!

Rick Mercer got it right with this clip. It still makes me laugh...

Johnson!!!!!

http://youtu.be/q0ZGkqQvAVw
labblue8
join:2007-01-23
Mississauga, ON

labblue8

where did you end up moving your service to?

abitbent
join:2004-04-23
Brantford, ON

abitbent

www.start.ca

So far so good, it's only been a few days. Transition was easy and so far the speed and reliability have been perfect.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

said by abitbent:

www.start.ca

So far so good, it's only been a few days. Transition was easy and so far the speed and reliability have been perfect.

I think start.ca will be the weapon of choice for a consumer backlash against Rogers latest round of price gouging rate hikes.

New start speeds/caps/prices: »www.start.ca/services/highspeed

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON

nekkidtruth to abitbent

Premium Member

to abitbent
That new tier (45/4/350GB) is extremely attractive. I'm going to have to re-think sticking with Rogers now. Since Internet is the last thing I have with them (Well cell phone as well, but that I won't ever change), very very enticing.
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

1 edit

technocar2 to abitbent

to abitbent
As good as Start it, they are still more expensive then rogers when you factor in extreme usage.

I'm currently averaging 1.38TB for the past three months and paying $138 for the 150/10 plan (70% off). If I was to pay the non discount price it would be $230.

On Start for the 45/4 plan with 1.38TB of usage it would cost $574... whilst Rogers is offering a bargain price of $230 for 150/10 and unlimited usage wouldn't you say?

Start only works for people with low usage, if you have extreme usage needs your only "choice" ends up being rogers and no one can deny that at the moment.

Teksavvy offers unlimited but they don't offer high upload. CIK offers the 150/10 but its not unlimited and they call you if use "too much" internet and tell you take a walk. With Start I've already made my point clear.
Marbles_00
join:2005-02-14
Hacketts Cove, NS

Marbles_00

Where are you seeing Roger's offering unlimited usage in the 150/10 Ultimate class? On their site it states 250G usage. In fine print elsewhere they state $2/G if you've gone over the usage. If that is the case, your bill will be considerably greater than start.ca...and you will hit that cap faster at that rate. Not denying that they are offering unlimited as a promotion, but you may want to watch your usage/bill with them, otherwise we will see another one of those cases where the extreme bill occurs.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by Marbles_00:

Where are you seeing Roger's offering unlimited usage in the 150/10 Ultimate class? On their site it states 250G usage. In fine print elsewhere they state $2/G if you've gone over the usage. If that is the case, your bill will be considerably greater than start.ca...and you will hit that cap faster at that rate. Not denying that they are offering unlimited as a promotion, but you may want to watch your usage/bill with them, otherwise we will see another one of those cases where the extreme bill occurs.

People interpret Rogers's $100 cap on overages as unlimited.
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

1 edit

technocar2 to abitbent

to abitbent
Exactly as yyzlhr said it. Rogers highest internet bill will not exceed $230 regardless of usage or $138 with 70% off. Rogers does not disconnect users for going over in excessive amounts even though their TOS allows them to.

Point of the matter is Start doesn't work for extreme usage because with Start you would end up paying $600-$800/month for internet; yet a better package from rogers (unlimited usage) can be had for $230 or $138!
Marbles_00
join:2005-02-14
Hacketts Cove, NS

Marbles_00 to yyzlhr

to yyzlhr
DOH! Yep, forgot about that. Thanks for setting me straight...silly wabbit.
bdoyledimou
join:2002-08-20
Markham, ON

bdoyledimou to abitbent

to abitbent
»www.rogers.com/web/conte ··· -_-slot2