San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

1 recommendation

reply to takeahike

Re: Fuck Dell

said by takeahike:

This is my full-time "job."

And thus not Enterprise IT related. Your post is about the hassles of fixing people's #@$!! computers, when the very NAME of this forum is "No, I Will Not Fix Your #@$!! Computer!"

I used to do side work along these lines, and for me it was more trouble than it was worth. (and I charged $90-100/hr) I only work for family now.

Bottom line is if you choose to do jobs like this, then you choose to work on all the craptastic low-end Dells, HPs, etc. no matter how cheaply made or hard to work on they are. As others have said, most companies have a standard model or set of models, which I guarantee their tech support staff have learned how to work on with their eyes closed.

takeahike
Premium
join:2005-01-07
Woodland Hills, CA

4 edits
said by Wily_One:

said by takeahike:

This is my full-time "job."

And thus not Enterprise IT related. Your post is about the hassles of fixing people's #@$!! computers, when the very NAME of this forum is "No, I Will Not Fix Your #@$!! Computer!"

Well, where's the right forum? I haven't seen anything close except this one for this type of discussion. "Choosing" a line of work is not quite as simple as deciding what to eat for dinner. I have to avoid starving to death during any career changes to a cushy corporate job.
--
"The best laid schemes of mice and men often go awry . . . " --Robert Burns

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA
I'd say the »Computer Hardware Help forum.

takeahike
Premium
join:2005-01-07
Woodland Hills, CA
I wanted opinions from those who work on systems, not from potential customers trying to do it themselves. Looks like there really is no forum for my line of work.
--
"The best laid schemes of mice and men often go awry . . . " --Robert Burns