spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Spikey

@comcastbusiness.net

Class specific lag spikes

Anyone experiencing class specific lag spikes? I seem to get outgoing lags on a particular alt that can last for several seconds, but it seems to be only one particular class. I can see the monsters hitting me, and UI registers the cooldown, but my attacks don't want to go out. I won't say which yet, so as not to bias the discussion, but I don't seem to get them on my main. I haven't been playing all of my alts enough to determine whether other classes are affected.

Thanks,

Endbringer

join:2012-10-07
Fishers, IN
I've seen alot of lag recently on my Panda Monk...didnt log out and try my other alts or mains thou, latency was off the charts

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
reply to Spikey
xperl claims another one.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to Spikey
Not sure if it's class specific, but my latency with a decent rig and comcast 30 meg home connection has seen 1k+ latency over the last couple of weeks. And that's over a couple of different classes. I usually play a warlock and rogue, but on my priest that I was DE'ing and making cloth bolts I was getting lag spikes hanging in SW. I usually go watch TV for a while and come back and it's fine, but it gets annoying and always seems to hit the worst when I'm wanting to queue up for LFR or LFD.
--
Heghlu'meh qaq jajvam!

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4
reply to Spikey
Friend claims this is happening to him on his Warrior. All addons off.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Spikey
i have been getting lag spikes in the realm or 2k and more sometimes on all toons and i dont run xperl, i do run suf though but i dont see that making the lag spike like that , i have noticed though that addons have been causing serious taint issues lately i think the devs are trying to implement their own ui changes to get rid of independent addon developement
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4
Addons will cause "frame spikes" not latency spikes.

If you're seeing 2k latency, it's most likely your isp/router/splitters etc.

If you're seeing 1-15 FPS (frames per second) and you typically see 60+ than is almost positively an addon.

PowerAuras for example causes this now. Oh how I hate WeakAuras...

Spikey

@comcastbusiness.net
said by Snuffbox:

Addons will cause "frame spikes" not latency spikes.

If you're seeing 2k latency, it's most likely your isp/router/splitters etc.

If you're seeing 1-15 FPS (frames per second) and you typically see 60+ than is almost positively an addon.

PowerAuras for example causes this now. Oh how I hate WeakAuras...

Snuff, have you seen anything like I described -- where WoW is getting and processing the incoming data, but there is an issue with the outgoing data?

Thanks.

Gan

join:2009-04-10
Taiwan
reply to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

Friend claims this is happening to him on his Warrior. All addons off.

Been happening to me as well on my warrior for the past couple of days, only during arena. Very strange since BGs and instances are fine.

wyndman
Premium
join:2009-08-28
Warren, RI
reply to Spikey
Any chance the lag spikes are happening in, because of, CRZ areas?

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
ill get them in cap cities, usually clears up after i get out and about have to be moving for this to go away or relog on to another toon.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

Spikey

@comcastbusiness.net
Judging from the response, if there is a problem, it isn't widespread. There's no consensus on class. I've been getting unusually bad lag spikes on my pally, but not my warrior. My wife has also been getting them, and she's been playing mainly on her pally, which made me think it was a pally thing. I'm unclear on whether it's turning up on other classes for her.

She was concerned that it was the new rigs we bought for Christmas, but as I'm not getting them on my warrior, I have to think not. Since nobody on here is reporting pally lag spikes, I'll have to see whether there are any pally specific addons that we're both using, and if so try turning it off.

shinjuru
Premium,Mod
join:2000-10-29
West Coast
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet
reply to Spikey
I've encountered odd spikes in LFG and LFR. They're oddly random and very infrequent, but I have experienced them enough to say they feel like the CRZ lag that occurs sometimes when transitioning to different areas when traveling.
--
Games - GameTech - S.F.Bay -

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Spikey
The only real lag spikes I see is on my warrior in LFR. I generally sit around 80 fps with a bunch of crap going on in 25m raids. For some reason, My comp lags the crap out on Emps. But when I'm on my hunter, perfectly fine. Addons are set the same and it was even tested without add ons.