uniqs
share rss forum feed

Hoss
Sauters A Walrus

join:2000-10-05
Tulsa, OK
reply to planet

Re: Cox Whole Home DVR

I still have it and it is much better now than it was the almost two years ago I got it. Interface faster, fewer issues (although alot of them were botched installs). There is also some talk of the ability later in 2013 to make these boxes have the ability to record six shows at once (without the necessity to have two more hosts/tuners). Since it's just 5 dollars more I'm staying with it for now.

I could see where some people would have dumped them even after 18 months, but in the last six months the improvements have been night and day. The last two improvements alone have been better than all the previous combined.

vangsou

@cox.net

I've had whole home dvr for about 1.5 years. It was problematic and slow at first but it generally works well now. I recently moved and the cox guy told me sometime quarter 1 of 2013 they are supposed to get new boxes with sling box, more than 2 tuners and a bigger hdd here in san diego

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
reply to Hoss

said by Hoss:

I still have it and it is much better now than it was the almost two years ago I got it. Interface faster, fewer issues (although alot of them were botched installs). There is also some talk of the ability later in 2013 to make these boxes have the ability to record six shows at once (without the necessity to have two more hosts/tuners). Since it's just 5 dollars more I'm staying with it for now.

I could see where some people would have dumped them even after 18 months, but in the last six months the improvements have been night and day. The last two improvements alone have been better than all the previous combined.

it would have to be 3 dvr's networked or new boxes. The current boxes have 2 tuners.