uniqs

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

Need to keep in mind what all goes up

At least in my case, my bill went up $7.77. However, it is important to take note on exactly where that $7.77 increase is coming from.

For me, $5.00 of that was an increase in my triple play price. That went from $149.95 to $154.95. The exact wording on my bill for that is "XFINITY Bundled Services(Preferred Xf, which includes: Digital Preferred With Ondemand, Video Equipment, Internet Service,Digital Voice Unlimited)".

$2.00 of that comes from an increase in the price that Comcast will change for the Set Top Box Rentals (for any box above the one free one). In my area, that cost went from $8.99 to $9.99 (increase of $1). Since I have 3 STB's, my bill increased $2 here.

The rest (77 cents) is with increases in taxes and other fees.

Overall, my bill went from $198.56 to $206.33, which is only a 3.91% increase. Sure, any increase can be hard to take, but what needs to be look at is the whole picture. I could have said "My HSI went up $7.77", and I would be incorrect. I don't know the exact breakdown of the $5.00 increase of my triple play, as its not broken down on the bill. But, people need to look at the entire bill, not just the bottom line, so they understand where the actual increase is at.

--Brian

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru

MVM

said by plencnerb:

While you're keeping that in mind, don't forget to also remember all those extra channels, services, and features that you're getting for that price increase.

There's...um...uh...let me thing...ah... What did they improve for that increase again?

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958

Premium Member

said by cdru:

said by plencnerb:

While you're keeping that in mind, don't forget to also remember all those extra channels, services, and features that you're getting for that price increase.

There's...um...uh...let me thing...ah... What did they improve for that increase again?

Yep,
Time for the bi-annual nickel and dimeing. Your last sentence sounds exactly what I'd have to say about Charter also.

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

Exactly. For my extra $7.77, I don't see any improvements!