Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew to 15444104

Premium Member

to 15444104

Re: Charter - Cost Doubled - Can't reach by telephone to cancel

said by 15444104:

It WAS NOT CLEARLY LISTED ON MY BILL UNTIL JUST THIS MONTH.

FOR THE PREVIOUS TEN MONTHS THE ONLY THING LISTED WAS THE PRICE FOR HSI THAT I WAS PAYING...nothing more.

Odd... must be a different billing system config in your area. I've had my promo discounts listed on my bills for years.

Then again, upcoming billing changes are also listed up front, 1st page, in a blue callout box next to my current months charges.
whoaru99
join:2003-12-17

whoaru99

said by DocDrew:

Odd... must be a different billing system config in your area. I've had my promo discounts listed on my bills for years.

Then again, upcoming billing changes are also listed up front, 1st page, in a blue callout box next to my current months charges.

Exactly the same here. Plus, I wonder if some are not looking past the summary on the first page to see the line item/itemized details that further into the billing statement.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

said by whoaru99 See Profile
Exactly the same here. Plus, I wonder if some are not looking past the summary on the first page to see the line item/itemized details that further into the billing statement.

:

I'm VERY thorough when inspecting bills of any kind.

I can assure you that NOWHERE within any bill I received during the PREVIOUS ten months was there a mention of any other price listed other than the price I was paying...only with this months bill was a supposedly "regular" price listed.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

1 edit

DocDrew

Premium Member

Click for full size
1st page
Click for full size
2nd page
Your bill doesn't look like this?
»www.myaccount.charter.co ··· ?ID=2782

Like that example, mine shows the regular price minus any discounts (with the discount name). In the box marked #3 I get any upcoming billing/pricing changes, Live It With Charter point balance,and any upcoming events.
15444104 (banned)

15444104 (banned)

said by DocDrew See Profile

Your bill doesn't look like this?

:

It DOES look like that format, BUT under internet..ALL THAT WAS POSTED WAS "HSI Internet" at the price I have been paying for about 10 months...no mention of it being a discounted price at all! It appeared as a regular every day price.

THIS MONTHS BILL has a supposedly new
"regular" price listed above the current price I have been paying for about ten months. Only NOW does it make it appear as a discounted price.

I feel this is REALLY SLEAZY!

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal

DocDrew

Premium Member

Sounds like your area is finally catching up to what other areas like mine have had for years.
15444104 (banned)

15444104 (banned)

Perhaps so.

I think it was possible that the wealth of general areas being served in the past may have been calculated into the equation (wealthier areas had higher prices) and now that "Chopper Tom" (CEO Mr. Rutledge) is in charge he must figure that all areas are as wealthy as the Tri State area around NYC.

msmisfit
join:2004-09-13
Atlanta, GA
ARRIS SB6121
Netgear WNDR3800

msmisfit to DocDrew

to DocDrew
said by DocDrew:

Sounds like your area is finally catching up to what other areas like mine have had for years.

That was the case where I am ... we started catching up last year. This month I got a separate full page notice of my pricing change, which was noted last month in a comments block as upcoming.

I think many of the smaller cable systems acquired by Charter may not have unified their forms completely yet. That probably wasn't a priority when they were bleeding money.
15444104 (banned)

15444104 (banned)

Just to clarify, our area has been Charter for at least the last 15 years or so, it appears in my case that something else is going on.

msmisfit
join:2004-09-13
Atlanta, GA

msmisfit

They have been here 10 yrs + ... also. Can't remember the name of the former cable company to look up an exact date when it changed.
whoaru99

whoaru99 to 15444104

to 15444104
said by 15444104:

Perhaps so.

I think it was possible that the wealth of general areas being served in the past may have been calculated into the equation (wealthier areas had higher prices) and now that "Chopper Tom" (CEO Mr. Rutledge) is in charge he must figure that all areas are as wealthy as the Tri State area around NYC.

You seem to have quite the personal vendetta against this Rutledge fellow. Did he decide your services were no longer needed or something to that effect?
15444104 (banned)

15444104 (banned)

said by whoaru99 See Profile
You seem to have quite the personal vendetta against this Rutledge fellow. Did he decide your services were no longer needed or something to that effect?

:

What? You don't think that I am just ONE of a surely growing number of customers that think Charter is once again going down the wrong path?

I have no "vendetta" against this guy.

Don't know him personally, but I wouldn't ever want to considering what I know of him in his previous and current actions on the job.

Being choppered back and forth to his job and home in the tri state area, if not a wasteful expense....looks bad!

The problem is that the good work that the previous CEO Mr. Lovett accomplished, (increased reliability, quality of service, GREATLY IMPROVED customer service and customer SATISFACTION) is being trashed by Mr. Rutledge in his desire for the last penny of profit, which is very shortsighted and asinine.

While it is the job of the CEO to make sure a good profit is made at any company, when you start to lower the ALL IMPORTANT customer satisfaction aspect of a business ( which USUALLY results in many customers leaving in the long term), you are essentially gutting the cash cow.

whoaru99

whoaru99

said by 15444104:

The problem is that the good work that the previous CEO Mr. Lovett accomplished,

Like bankruptcy and accepting/taking a $20M package from a bankrupt company to leave?
15444104 (banned)

15444104 (banned)

So long, farewell Charter....

said by whoaru99:

said by 15444104:

The problem is that the good work that the previous CEO Mr. Lovett accomplished,

Like bankruptcy and accepting/taking a $20M package from a bankrupt company to leave?

I believe you are speaking of the CEO before Mr. Lovett, and previous to that, they were essentially responsible during the time that Charter was heading down into disaster. Mike Lovett inherited that mess and was trying to turn the ship around. Sure it might not have been fast enough for investors, BUT he was getting the job done slowly but surely. The problem today is that these shareholders and BoD (also have responsibility for mismanagement over the years) are going for a "quick fix" with massive profit in a short time.

Sure they may get higher margins, but you can smell the customers looking to bail now that they are being told to "take it or leave it" with high prices and no choice of value services.

I will be doing that as well.

I was on the phone with Charter today discussing the situation with a CSR (Tim, from their call center in WI). As always every one of them I have spoken to has been helpful, professional, and friendly. I explained that price is what matters most to me and that I had no need for high speeds, only basic 3/1 type of service with internet lite, I made sure to mention that the honest value of that tier and the fair everyday price is what got me interested, and the good product and very good customer service I received kept me a subscriber. He didn't beat around the bush and was up front about the new service packages that new corporate mgnt have bestowed upon them. He mentioned that unfortunately there is no level of service to meet my needs at this time. I mentioned that I appreciate his direct and professional approach and value that, stating that I understand that Charter is in business to make a good profit, but that the new management is losing a modest profit from a promptly paying customer who would have remained with them had they arranged product for such customers.

Informed Tim I would likely be subscribing to ATT U Verse Pro Internet at 19.99/mo for 1 year (free modem after rebate) and perhaps Charter would reconsider their approach with the one size fits all plan.

I added that if they had any wiggle room on the standard price I might be willing to reconsider, but at this time they have no such ability to reduce prices.

I thanked Tim for his help and made sure to mention that if anything I certainly would not be cancelling based on my experience with the customer service folks, he and all the rest had been among the best I have experienced.

To all the rank and file folks (CSRs and Techs) that make Charter "work"... thank all for your great service, it was a pleasure to do business with you.
whoaru99

whoaru99

said by 15444104:

I believe you are speaking of the CEO before Mr. Lovett,

No. But, regardless, it's water under the bridge anyway.
15444104 (banned)

4 edits

15444104 (banned)

Oh, I'm certain that Neil Smit, was steering the ship as Charter descended into the worst financial situation it had ever been in.

His compensation made Mr. Lovett's compensation look like peanuts.

Neil Smit had a one year compenstation of about 24 million for being a total NONperformer on the job. LOL

Oh and that 20 million dollar yacht was a outrageous perk that CoB Paul Allen had, but I'm sure you forgot this. LOL

I can say that having used Charter for many years that by far the best experiences have been under Mr. Lovett.

Now another CEO that likes to be "choppered" back and forth between his home and job?
whoaru99

1 edit

whoaru99

My point wasn't intended to address the complete history of Charter's CEOs; only to your high regard for Lovett. None of the other stuff is relevant to the point of Lovett putting his grip on a rather generous cut for the situation too.
15444104 (banned)

15444104 (banned)

said by whoaru99:

My point wasn't intended to address the complete history of Charter's CEOs; only to your high regard for Lovett. None of the other stuff is relevant to the point of Lovett putting his grip on a rather generous cut for the situation too.

Really?

I don't think Lovett is a "great guy", but as CEOs have gone with Charter my experience as a customer leads me to believe that of all the brass tacks they have had in recent memory he has been the most reasonable and balanced one yet. I still believe that to be true.

Nice to see you "cleaned up" your somewhat obnoxious post there.
d*** boots".
whoaru99

whoaru99

I thought it was rather good in its original version, should have left it. You got it wrong though... it was "d*** beaters", meaning the guys hands.