hortnut
Huh?

join:2005-09-25
PNW
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to fartness

Re: Contractors/Mechanics from Craigslist?

My final cost for Angie's List was $16.80/year until Nov 22, 2013. Just for the Repairers and such. Did not need Drs. and others.

One needs to first create an account and then Angie repeatedly sent me offers and discounts. Last one was 40% off. I then paid by PayPal and received another discount.

I think every area has its own yearly fee, but not sure.
hth

fartness
computersoc dot com
Premium
join:2003-03-25
Look Outside

So then do the contractors, doctors, etc. pay to post on Angieslist? How does the weed out the bad ones? Is there then a rating system or something?

hortnut
Huh?

join:2005-09-25
PNW
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

Last time I used it, all the reviews were from the actual customers. Companies cannot pay to be listed on it. But from what I read, once reviewed, they can purchase an "enhanced" listing?

BTW, once you join, make sure to go into the e-mail settings or else you will be bombarded by requests and prompts.

Older article from PC World, but basically lays out it and other alternatives.
»www.pcworld.com/article/237331/a···fee.html

I resigned up, as I need some tree work done that needs someone with the training and background to work with a particular species that can be tricky. Also some gutter work. Its been many years since I have engaged anyone in this area. And who know what else may pop up.

There are some bad reviews of Angieslist, will let you Google for those.

In the past I found my workers, through word of mouth. That is how I found my well man, pump man, concrete finisher guys, dozer man, electrician, heavy tractor repair, and so on. And these were long term guys who did a lot of different jobs for me at my Business. I went by 'gut' feeling after talking with them or looking at their work and was never disappointed.

Hope this helps!