Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to vp71inet

Re: [Voip.ms] voip.ms premium international routing issue

said by vp71inet:

Come to think of it, I have premium routing turned on too and I have been trying to call the UK from Christmas day until today, and calls not going through - perpetually busy.

I will try another server and see if it gets resolved, else I will open a ticket.

The sad part is I thought my Uncle's phone was down, had me worried stiff until he called today. Never did I think the problem was my provider! You see VOIP.MS had been solid to the UK before now.

They told me the problem was fixed. They wanted me to switch back to the premium routing to test, but I can't be bothered. It's working for me on the value routes, so why bother right?

Not broke, don't fix it.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Cogeco UBB, No Modem Required - »[Niagara] 40gb of "usage" while the modem is unplugged

AVonGauss
Premium
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL
said by dillyhammer:

They told me the problem was fixed. They wanted me to switch back to the premium routing to test, but I can't be bothered. It's working for me on the value routes, so why bother right?

Not broke, don't fix it.

Mike

Can't be bothered? Sounds more like a case of I found out the value route is working just as well for me at a lower cost and I want to use the lower cost option. Nothing wrong with that, but let's call it for what it is - after all it took longer to write the forum reply than it would have to switch back to the premium route.

MZB

join:2010-11-25
Dunrobin, ON
said by AVonGauss:

... Sounds more like a case of I found out the value route is working just as well for me at a lower cost and I want to use the lower cost option. ...

Actually the premium rates for UK landlines are lower ($0.0070) than the value rates ($0.0079).

I put in a ticket for this problem too as I was quite often getting a 503 (call rejected) from my ATA for premium routes to the UK, but the value routes were working reliably. It's apparently fixed, but I'm waiting a while before re-instating the least-cost routing rule in my dial plan.