how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

scallawa

join:2013-01-01
Bend, OR

[CenturyTel] Poor performance

I have been having very poor service for the last two months. I have ADSL2 with a PK5000 modem. I have a 20Mb connection and the router is usually negotiated at 19K+. I get fairly good speeds downloading via torrents but am having trouble maintaining a stable connection to play games. I do turn off torrents before playing and have tried resetting the router before playing but i will still drop a connection.

This was not a problem when I was on the cable modem at a much lower speed. I suspect intermittent packet loss. Everything will be working fine for a while and then it will be awful. I can watch my connection go from very good to poor in seconds but it doesn't stay there. I am going to call them tomorrow but I suspect I will have a hard time since the problem is intermittent.

Has anyone upgraded from ADSL2 to VDSL2? I am going to see if that is finally available at my house. Wondering if that will help with the issues.

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
I would get rid of that MODEM and get another one. Many issues with the PK5000 series MODEMs.

See if that helps and take it from there. I suspect that you may have other issues, which might be out of your control.
--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to scallawa
You can try this:

Please send us your information and details on the issue to us at TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com. Thank you.
--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra