how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ame101

join:2002-05-02
Southington, CT

Run in to store for 15 minutes.....

........come out wanting to hunt down and do bad things to my fellow humans......

Upside brothers shop has time to fix it. My insurance is paying with zero issues.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

How did that happen? Sucks. Showing you some roadster love!

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to ame101

Click for full size
It could have been worse. This is what happened to someone who parked their car in Jersey City last Thursday. (BOTH of these cars were parked.)

quote:
A 2007 Pontiac G6, parked on Summit Avenue near Baldwin Avenue in Jersey City, was struck by a truck owned by a Bayonne construction company on Thursday, Dec. 27, 2012. The Pontiac was hit with such force that it was thrown on top of another parked car, a 2012 Honda Accord.
»photos.nj.com/jersey-journal/201···298.html

ame101

Southington, CT
reply to I AM

Truck/SUV backed over me well parked.

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

said by ame101:

Truck/SUV backed over me well parked.

I don't understand why people keep buying this big-ass monsters not realize they can't handle it. They want to think it's about safety but not see the consequences.
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
·ooma
reply to ame101

People who can't handle their SUV/truck should opt for the rear camera option.

But, I feel your pain. My new 2012 Honda Pilot Touring got rear-ended, and broken into the first month I owned it, before I even made the first payment on it.
--
So put me on a highway, and show me a sign.
And take it to the limit one more time...

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA
reply to ame101

Heh, I had the same thing happen to my Miata back in the day. It was a 1992 with an aluminum hood and the guy, who didn't have insurance, wanted to handle it with cash. Boy was he surprised when I sent him the bill.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to ame101

Click for full size
ouch

A CAT put a dent in my fender

Chinabound
Premium
join:2002-12-21
Antioch, IL
kudos:3

1 recommendation

You're supposed to throw them under the car, not against it.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Optimum Online
·ooma
·DIRECTV
reply to ame101

Click for full size
After a long day at work, driving home on the George Washington Bridge........Tractor trailer backs into my new mercedes.....
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

ame101

Southington, CT

Ouch that sucks!

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ

In the shop for a week, and they gave me a Range Rover as a loner
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

Dodge
Premium
join:2002-11-27
reply to Jackarino

what was a trailer doing backing up on a bridge?

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ

Thats a great question! lol

I think the truck stalled and started to roll, idk.
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

Tomek
Premium
join:2002-01-30
Valley Stream, NY
reply to ame101

Invest in Dashcam,

I had it for not two weeks and already caught douchebaggery on video

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1gDCRwhtJo

--
Semper Fi

ame101

Southington, CT

What cam is that?

Dodge
Premium
reply to Tomek

said by Tomek:

Invest in Dashcam,

(youtube clip)

That's perfectly normal in NY. Get a garage or a bumper guard if stuff like this upsets you. Be happy it wasn't a pickup with a towing ball in the back, that would give you something to be really upset about.

And that camera is great, except it's inadmissible in any meaningful way, so ultimately a waste of money.

Tomek
Premium
join:2002-01-30
Valley Stream, NY

1 recommendation

said by Dodge:

That's perfectly normal in NY. Get a garage or a bumper guard if stuff like this upsets you. Be happy it wasn't a pickup with a towing ball in the back, that would give you something to be really upset about.

And that camera is great, except it's inadmissible in any meaningful way, so ultimately a waste of money.

Maybe it is perfectly fine if somebody uses your junk car as bumper guard. I am not fine with that. And I had pick up truck trash my grille one winter. So yeah, I am upset about that.

I do care about my car, I am mindful of other people's cars.

And if you park like that, don't be surprised to have your car keyed one day, and yeah, it is perfectly normal in NYC.

The cam is ITB-100HD
--
Semper Fi

Dodge
Premium

I do care about my car, which is why I have a garage and don't park on the street unless I really have to. When I didn't have a garage, I had bumper guards both front and back, simply because there is no way around people parking like that, and you can't spend your entire days hunting down assholes to key their cars.

Boricua
Premium
Sacramuerto
reply to Dodge

said by Dodge:

said by Tomek:

Invest in Dashcam,

(youtube clip)

It may not be admissible in court, but it is with your insurance company and with cops. This avoids the he said she said.

Prime example

EDIT: News footage
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

Dodge
Premium

said by Boricua:

said by Dodge:

said by Tomek:

Invest in Dashcam,

(youtube clip)

It may not be admissible in court, but it is with your insurance company and with cops. This avoids the he said she said.

EDIT:
News footage

In the first video (didn't watch the second), you can't prove which car was moving which one wasn't. Just because the one with the camera looks stationary doesn't make it so. I guess if the cops were really diligent (which they won't be in 99% of cases without injuries), they can ask the guy in the front car to show that his reverse lights work, but even then the best they can do is give him malfunctioning equipment ticket, which is he remains calm he can claim that the lights stopped working from the impact.

Overall this was a bad scam, normally when this happens on a "pro" level, the car that is going to be hit has a switch to disable brake lights and just stops. What is your camera going to show then? That he stopped short without brake lights? You still hit him, best case scenario 90/10 fault distribution.

Boricua
Premium
Sacramuerto

said by Dodge:

In the first video (didn't watch the second)...

You need to watch the second video. BTW, it can be proven the car didn't move. If you watch closely (1st vid), the car WAS stationary while other lanes of traffic was moving.
--

Dodge
Premium

said by Boricua:

said by Dodge:

In the first video (didn't watch the second)...

You need to watch the second video. BTW, it can be proven the car didn't move. If you watch closely (1st vid), the car WAS stationary while other lanes of traffic was moving.

Watched the second video. Since this is Canada I don't know what happened, but in the US I know a very good way it could have ended. 1) Police investigation reveals that there is no conclusive evidence (aka we don't give a shit and only doing this because the news got involved) 2) the accused sues the shit out of the camera owner for defamation of character, slander and other random garbage (and of course the damaged bumper)

Boricua
Premium
Sacramuerto

said by Dodge:

Watched the second video. Since this is Canada I don't know what happened, but in the US I know a very good way it could have ended. 1) Police investigation reveals that there is no conclusive evidence (aka we don't give a shit and only doing this because the news got involved) 2) the accused sues the shit out of the camera owner for defamation of character, slander and other random garbage (and of course the damaged bumper)

I agree with both points, that IS the American way .
--

ame101

Southington, CT

Been a pain getting some of the parts(headlights are and front spoiler) when they only built 5000 Mazdaspeed Miata's. But here are some more photos of the damage and cutting the hood open. »imgur.com/a/hJe2q

ame101

Southington, CT
reply to ame101

Final coast $7012.30 I'll get some pics up in a day or so.

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Is most of the cost because of the hood?

My wife's car a 06 TL was side swiped in a hit and run and the final cost was appox 4k or so.

ame101

Southington, CT

Hood=$773
Bumper=$420
Each Headlight=$653
Spoiler=$933

And so on. I'll post a PDF when I get the pics up.

treetop1000

join:2003-11-07
Lexington, KY
reply to ame101

You just can't tell anymore. I creased up the rocker panel on my Civic, cost $2100 to fix. Anytime *paint* is involved, the price goes up by 400%. I guess.

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
reply to ame101

Yipes. What was the spoiler made out of, carbon fiber? I think treetop is correct, there were pages and pages on mine that showed paint prep, removal,etc,etc,taping, and don't forget disposal and eviromental fees. I guess that is good since they were thorough.