how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

miadfinsck

join:2012-10-02
reply to JohnILM

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

That's mystro its the same gui that time wanner uses. TWC owns bright house. its all done in house. i currently have TWC and do not like the gui at all. i find that the new CVC gui works a lot better.

JohnILM
Mayhem til the AM
Premium
join:2003-03-15
Tuckahoe, NY
said by miadfinsck:

That's mystro its the same gui that time wanner uses. TWC owns bright house. its all done in house. i currently have TWC and do not like the gui at all. i find that the new CVC gui works a lot better.

That's good to hear. I must say I've been ambiguous with my comments. I've been unclear if I was talking about functionality or appearance. For the most part, I am looking for something that is pretty. I've really not had much problems with the overall functionality of CV's software, I just can't stand how it looks. While the new one looks better, it still looks cheap and everything still doesn't fit right. Some things are much better though. Hitting info gives you the full title (In my limited use), plus hitting info-info allows you to see a second page of information for a program without having to open the full guide. Plus hitting guide actually opens up the guide. Baby steps, I guess.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
If only CV's new guide was wide enough to show more than 3 characters in a 1/2 hour slot.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by Bob4:

If only CV's new guide was wide enough to show more than 3 characters in a 1/2 hour slot.

looks like 14 is the limit for half an hour
they do not do partial words so if second word in title exceeds limit it is omitted not truncated

they should do better job with that

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
Click for full size
said by dm145:

they do not do partial words so if second word in title exceeds limit it is omitted not truncated

they should do better job with that

Like dropping the initial "The" instead of dropping the rest of the title. See channel 11 above.

Also interesting that "The Odd Couple" fits in some columns, but not others.