how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rvmeush

join:2008-08-27
Columbia, MD

[Cable Card] Questions about Comcast cablecards

I'm considering getting a Tivo for a relative to use with his Comcast cable service. I have seen some reports that Comcast will provide one cablecard for free, and that additional cablecards are billed at about $1.50 per month. I'm trying to find out from existing Comcast customers if this is true. I would also like to know if the free cablecard is an M-card. Finally, can the cablecard be installed by me or is a Comcast technician needed? Thanks.

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by rvmeush:

I'm considering getting a Tivo for a relative to use with his Comcast cable service. I have seen some reports that Comcast will provide one cablecard for free, and that additional cablecards are billed at about $1.50 per month. I'm trying to find out from existing Comcast customers if this is true. I would also like to know if the free cablecard is an M-card. Finally, can the cablecard be installed by me or is a Comcast technician needed? Thanks.

I have a tivo. The first card is free the second one is usually $1.50. Yes the cards are m-cards Yes you can install the card yourself. In some areas if this is a new cable install a technician will have to intall it.
--
Caddy

GTFan

join:2004-12-03
In many areas now, the second or more cards are billed at the full outlet fee of around $10 minus a cust. equipment credit of around $2.50. First one is always included with service and you should get the credit for it, ask if you don't.