spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Theta
join:2003-07-24
Wentzville, MO

1 edit

Theta

[HSI] Ultra100 Getting 12mbit - Constant problem...

Since they've done away with Charter Direct, who do we contact about stuff like this?

I've been getting 12-15mbit for the last several months. Doesn't matter what's done with hardware / rebooting / etc. Signal levels are spot-on. Had a half-dozen trouble tickets, truck rolls, and line crews diagnosing everything. Signal is fine. The node is simply overburdened.

If I need to be moved to a different node, then so be it. This is beyond ridiculous to be going on for several months.

Any techs here that can help?
whoaru99
join:2003-12-17

whoaru99

1-888-438-2427, or it looks like there is still a "Chat" button on the Internet support web page.

Theta
Wentzville, MO

1 edit

Theta

Tier 1 is useless...

Problem is very clearly over-saturation of the node. Back to 85mbit after midnight local.
watts3000
join:2002-01-21

watts3000

You might as well take a trip down to the local office and ask to speak to a supervisor it's the only way I could get things fixed back in the day. I was using the Charter social media team but they don't exist anymore
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

said by watts3000:

You might as well take a trip down to the local office and ask to speak to a supervisor it's the only way I could get things fixed back in the day. I was using the Charter social media team but they don't exist anymore

This is probably the best way to go at this point.

I would specifically ask for a maintenance engineer and if they are not available when you visit the office ask for a direct extension to his office or give them your number and have him call you back.
whoaru99
join:2003-12-17

whoaru99 to Theta

to Theta
said by Theta:

Tier 1 is useless...

Problem is very clearly over-saturation of the node. Back to 85mbit after midnight local.

Hence, when they're not getting it done you ask to be transferred to level 2 or a supervisor.

Theta
Wentzville, MO

Theta to 15444104

to 15444104
Good advice - thank you!

pvols1979
join:2005-10-19
Lebanon, TN

pvols1979

I am experiencing the same issue. I talked to 5 Charter techs through chat and phone over the last week. Started earlier this week for me. I am getting much lower speeds on average. I am seeing 2-4MB down and still getting the usual 4-5MB up which is acceptable. I am on the 100/5 plan. Two of the techs told me that they are supposed to provide at least 70% of the top end of your tier. So, I should be seeing 70MB at least. They even sounded surprised. I have tried multiple computers directly connected to the modem. Signals are great and confirmed with support.

The last time I had an issue like this, the technicians came out and got the same results at the tap. This is definitely a Charter issue. I have a technician coming out tomorrow.

Theta
Wentzville, MO

Theta

Sounds exactly like my situation. Let me know if it gets resolved, and if so, how you went about it.

pvols1979
Lebanon, TN

pvols1979

I will let you know what I find out when tech gets here tomorrow. I am also going to reach out to a buddy at Charter. Here is my latest result.

Theta
Wentzville, MO

Theta

Here was mine from earlier tonight:

»speedtest.ookla.com/resu ··· 0634.png
Theta

Theta

And now in the dead of night... /sigh

»speedtest.ookla.com/resu ··· 9239.png

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to pvols1979

Premium Member

to pvols1979
said by pvols1979:

I am experiencing the same issue. I talked to 5 Charter techs through chat and phone over the last week. Started earlier this week for me. I am getting much lower speeds on average. I am seeing 2-4MB down and still getting the usual 4-5MB up which is acceptable. I am on the 100/5 plan. Two of the techs told me that they are supposed to provide at least 70% of the top end of your tier. So, I should be seeing 70MB at least. They even sounded surprised. I have tried multiple computers directly connected to the modem. Signals are great and confirmed with support.

The last time I had an issue like this, the technicians came out and got the same results at the tap. This is definitely a Charter issue. I have a technician coming out tomorrow.

I always heard it was 80% and even at that, if I wasn't getting better than that, somebody would be hearing about it!!
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to Theta

to Theta
said by Theta:

And now in the dead of night... /sigh

Well seems to me like an overloaded node. Which if so kind of gives credence to Charter's stance that they do have congestion issues that people seem to want to dismiss as bunk because they don't like caps. And no I'm not suggesting a monthly cap is the best way to do with any congestion if such congestion exists.

88615298 (banned) to Theta

to Theta
30/4 tier

pvols1979
Lebanon, TN

pvols1979

BF69, I have never got more than I paid for with Charter. That is nice. My most recent test...

I ran more tests around midnight last night and things seemed to be much better. I was getting results in the high 60MB range. Today, it has been consistently in the 60MB range. I wonder if they did something last night. I have seen horrible speeds around noon this week and today it seems to be better so far.

BF69, my parents live in Camden, TN.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by pvols1979:

BF69, my parents live in Camden, TN.

wow small world. who knows maybe we've bumped into each other.

klrtovfr
@charter.com

klrtovfr to Theta

Anon

to Theta
Im having similar issues with a 100/5 in wisconsin. Getting anywhere from 5-66 download and 3-4 upload and 100-300 ping. Im an avid cod player on xbox and getting a lot of 2 bars out of 4 making the game unplayable. All customer service would do is reset connection from there end which does not help. signals all look good on modem.
klrtovfr

klrtovfr

Anon

Using the online chat advisor they told me that they were boosting the power signal from the there end and reprovisioning the modem. First speedtest was 75 down 5 up but every test after has been around 50 down 5 up. ping has been 30-50ms. Is it normal to get half of the tier speed?

pvols1979
Lebanon, TN

pvols1979 to Theta

to Theta
My newest results. This is the highest speed I have seen in over a week. I only get these speeds until noon when they slowly begin to drop off until they reach around 2-4MB down. At midnight everything jumps back up to the 70MB download range. This has to be saturation. But Charter tells me that they have people constantly monitoring for problems like that. I am not impressed if that truly is the case.

sovereignty6
join:2013-01-08
West Covina, CA

1 edit

sovereignty6 to Theta

to Theta
I have same problem, my download speed ranging from 2MB to 50ish MB randomly regardless the time of the day. It has been going for a week already. So frustrating!

11:01 PM PST

Theta
Wentzville, MO

Theta

Well, at least we're not all alone!
nahrah
join:2012-11-09
Hesperia, CA

nahrah to Theta

to Theta
I too am having this issue again, last month they fixed it by splitting up a node I was on and my speed was back to normal. I had a tech come out yesterday and he contacted his supervisor to see if there were any issue regarding slow speed in my area. According to his supervisor they know about it and yet have to find out why its happening. Told me to hang in there till they figure it out and credit my account. This is getting frustrating as the last fix barely last a couple weeks.

Theta
Wentzville, MO

Theta

Current test:

pvols1979
Lebanon, TN

pvols1979

Well, I had a tech call scheduled the other day when I discovered that turning off my AVG antivirus (disable for 10 min menu option) allowed me to immediately jump from 70 to 100MB down. Turned it back down and I was at 70MB again. Turned if off and it jumped to 100MB.

If you are running AVG, turn it off and test. If it is a problem for you, replace it with something else. I canceled the call and had high speeds until the evening when it usually drops regularly. Now I am in the same boat and have to call them out. If you have not done a test in safe mode, do that and see what results you get.

Theta
Wentzville, MO

Theta

Not a software issue here. I can push 1600-1700mbit easily through the Intel teamed PCIe8x NIC on this server.

See post #12 for night speed.
Theta

Theta

Daily update:

NexusOne
join:2001-12-14
O Fallon, MO

NexusOne

I'm in O'Fallon as well, but i'm not having that same issue.
Something definitely flaky with the node and I'd also assume it's over utilized.

I have the 30MB package.
geonap
lolatidiots
join:2005-12-14
Los Angeles, CA

geonap to Theta

to Theta
i'm having the same thing, rarely get above 35 mbit, have been fighting with them non stop. they seem to think everything originates at my home, even though down a few blocks away probably on the same node, there are slow downs at the same time i have slow downs.

Theta
Wentzville, MO

Theta

Node congestion for sure - taken right now (12:30am):