uniqs
share rss forum feed

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to VirtualLarry

Re: Confirmed - Verizon is stealing my paid-for "free" router!

That's just standard fine print they put on all their order pages now because they no longer offer the router as you got it.

Verizon will not want the router back when you cancel - don't worry.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

JoeSchmoe007
Premium
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Callcentric
·Verizon FiOS

said by Thinkdiff:

That's just standard fine print they put on all their order pages now because they no longer offer the router as you got it.

Verizon will not want the router back when you cancel - don't worry.

Don't count on it - when I canceled FIOS about 4 months ago (2 years promotional rate has expired) I was asked to mail router back, which I did.

HardwareGeek

join:2003-11-15
Brooklyn, NY

you were asked for the router back, but did they demand it back or did you protest?

when I canceled cablevision they said they wanted their modem back which I had purchased.
--
Email/MSN: Michael at hardwaregeeks.comAIM: MikeR35292

JoeSchmoe007
Premium
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Callcentric
·Verizon FiOS

Re: Confirmed - Verizon is stealing my paid-for "free"

said by HardwareGeek:

you were asked for the router back, but did they demand it back or did you protest?

when I canceled cablevision they said they wanted their modem back which I had purchased.

What do you mean by "demand" vs "ask"? When I was closing account I asked what equipment they want me to return (if any), they said just return the router and keep battery and ONT. I never paid for the router (I don't recall if I had a charge and credit on my original bill like OP but I definitely didn't pay for it), I had no use for the router anyway, why would I protest? If I wanted it they are available on eBay for $30.