uniqs
share rss forum feed

Crookshanks

join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

1 edit
reply to wdoa

Re: Definitely political.

There are plenty of ways to demonstrate the ugliness of war without violating the laws thereof. There are plenty of ways to provide balance without airing Al Quada propaganda, which happens to be an organization that has killed many more Muslims than Westerners, so why Al Jazeera opts to air their propaganda is beyond me.

ISurfTooMuch

join:2007-04-23
Tuscaloosa, AL

Plenty of ways, perhaps, but some are more effective than others. For instance, showing the insides of the Nazi concentration camps was completely necessary so people would fully grasp the magnitude of what went on there.

I wasn't born when the U.S. TV networks were showing the dead soldiers during Vietnam, but I think it was the right thing to do. It reminded the people back home of what was happening and put the lie to the military's claim that we were winning, and that eventually led to us pulling out. And you'll notice that journalists have never been given such unrestricted access to both the battlefield and the ability to speak freely with individual soldiers since then. Gee, I wonder why.

War is a nasty, brutal affair, something that people need to be reminded of. I'm sorry if that offends your sensibilities.