Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8

1 edit
reply to lugnut

Re: New Scam???

It could be anything. Two things for sure, though. One, ethical sales people don't sell under false pretenses, like pretending to be "code inspectors." And two, after the kid was done his "inspection", he would know if you have valuable stuff in the house and the general layout of the place. It's unlikely he was actually there to case the joint, but that point is nonetheless true.

EDIT: How the hell did "false pretenses" become "fall pretenses"? More autocorrect?

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
I'd call the police after a visit like that. It depends on where you live and the crime rate whether a cop shows up quickly or not. In my area, the local police have almost zero crime to investigate, so someone would show up within minutes.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

lugnut

@communications.com
The cops in Mississauga have better things to do than run down itinerant street solicitors who work for shady home service firms.

I seriously doubt the guy was casing the joint, but I have no doubt whatsoever that the company he represents is considerably less than ethical... Like wolfie said, honest sales reps don't try and pass themselves off as "code inspectors."
Expand your moderator at work