Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

itch

join:2008-12-06
Louisville, KY

1 edit

[Other] Time Warner Cable TV trucks - Louisville, KY

Over the past two weeks i have seen Time Warner Cable logos on the side of trucks and vans used by Insight cable company in Louisville. Anyone else seen them in the Louisville area?

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

Pictures! Please!

SandbergFan

join:2006-06-16
Clarksville, IN
reply to itch

I have seen them myself, next time I do I'll take a picture. I've still seen some trucks with the insight logo as well.

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..

1 edit
reply to itch

Here in Columbus I have seen some Time Warner Trucks lurking in Insight areas... Not sure if they are there on business or just passing thru but I have seen a few parked in NE Columbus which is Insight area.

Of course on the backend "programming contract" wise.. It's clearly Time Warner in charge now.. Recently there was a dispute between the local NBC Columbus Affiliate and Time Warner plus Insight was planning on dropping them (but they came to an agreement).

[So while we don't have a merged system with Time Warner yet... The suits are clearly in charge]

itch

Louisville, KY
reply to OSUGoose

Next time I see one I will try to stop and take a picture.

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH
reply to itch

OK, thought it might of been a truck that had both TWC and Insight logos on them.

@Xsk8er FYI NE Columbus is surrounded by TWC areas, so don't use that as measuring stick.

itch

Louisville, KY

This area has been Insight for over 10 years. The closet TWC system is 40 miles from Louisville.

burns113

join:2002-07-13
Louisville, KY

1 edit
reply to itch

Saw this in front of my house today:

click to enlarge

Mod Note: Corrected the hotlink which caused the margins to be blown out ~lil~

Kypappy

join:2005-12-26
Morehead, KY
reply to itch

FYI, Time Warner bought Insight. The deal was completed a couple of months ago but TWC didn't start rebadging their trucks and equipment until after the first of the year.

itch

Louisville, KY

We know that but our bills still go to Insight Communications, not TWC. They haven't change that yet or most of the channels that other TWC markets get.

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..
reply to itch

I still see Insight commercials on tv here in Columbus.. and still get Insight mail asking me to sign up for their "3 service package" (I currently just have U verse for internet after my apartment complex kicked out Insight)..

I would have to say I think this is one of the slowest..transitions to another ownership.. It's almost like they are afraid to re brand insight.. exp here in Columbus OH where Time Warner already exists in areas that Insight doesn't and they have the "interconnect" since the Columbus division has always used Road Runner for Internet services.

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH

Yea it's annoying to me they haven't switched over.

Re: TV Commercials, Seems they have gotten even more cornier since TWC bought Insight. I mean seriously a flying SuperPhoneHero.

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH
reply to burns113

Did you ask them if they were ex-Insight? might of been a clue what's happening.

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH
reply to Kypappy

FYI deal was closed Feb 2012

JSmith548675

@qwest.net

Would you please reference your source of this?

rjbasye

join:2000-05-24
Dry Ridge, KY
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·Time Warner Cable

Straight from the horses mouth.

»www.michaelsinsight.com/2012/02/···dfetcher

itch

Louisville, KY
reply to itch

Full take over should be complete by June,2013, according to an email I received yesterday.

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH

Care to CC me a copy of it?

itch

Louisville, KY
Reviews:
·Insight Communic..

We thank you for your input and suggestions. We are heading into complete brandon of Time Warner in eary June, 2013. We do have vehicles in our area as of now and you will continue to see a more increase. We apologize for the network programming that you have experienced this past weekend
Great answer. You told me that Insight does not control this in Louisville.
This programming should be local. If the Pacer game is not on Fox Sports South. The NBA channel in the Louisville area should have shown the game.
So Time Warner Cable has taken over the local area and soon we will be just like the TWC systems nation wide.A giant company that does take care of the local customers!
Why do the adds in the paper still say Insight Communications but we see Time Warner Cable on some of the trucks in the area?

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH

What is that from?