uniqs

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

2 edits

elitefx to Gtr7

to Gtr7

Re: Another Rogers Rate Increase

This will be the end of Rogers as we knew it. These insane rate hikes coming only 9 months after their last hike is guaranteed to drive customers away by the truckload especially with the 30 day contract and ECF escape clause Rogers is forced to offer in Ontario.

This is business suicide. When times are tough you don't jack your rates sky high and pray for continued business success and customer loyalty.

People will go to the TPIAs just out of spite. Rogers has truly f#cked themselves this time. There's no way they'll get away with this without a HUGE customer backlash.

Their CEO needs to be locked up on the funny farm. What the hell is he thinking.

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS

TLS2000

Premium Member

Do you really believe that this particular rate increase is going to push people over the edge?

Most people will grumble about it and then pay their bills.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to elitefx

to elitefx
said by elitefx:

This will be the end of Rogers as we knew it.

Somebody claims this every damned price hike. Unfortunately, it has yet to be true.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to TLS2000

Premium Member

to TLS2000
said by TLS2000:

Do you really believe that this particular rate increase is going to push people over the edge?

Most people will grumble about it and then pay their bills.

The problem is where do you go (Internet aside)
Bell?
Shaw?

They can do what they want with impunity, simply because they have a quasi monopoly and if you don't like it, they tell you to pound sand.

I talk to people all the time, the same general hate on for Rogers is everywhere, they have the WORST public image of any public company yet don't care... like I said, where are you going to go?

Gtr7
Premium Member
join:2005-05-01

1 recommendation

Gtr7

Premium Member

Switching to Tek Savvy DSL 6 MB speed.

Had around 6 MB speed a number of years back with Rogers and it was fine with me.

Rogers last year had increased the price but had the nerve to kept me (and others) at the 95 Gig limit and not allow the 120 Gig cap. You got to buy or rent the D3 modem from us to get the 120 cap (but we will charge you more anyways if you don't). I called and asked about this last year.

If I was to stay with Rogers with coming increase,

Cost would be $73.44 month without going over cap and using the old modem (Motorola SB5100) I purchased over 8 years ago and my Cap is still 95 Gig.

Overuse charge $1.50 a Gig to a maximum of $100 plus tax.

Going to Tek Savvy

Costs equals $39.54 month with a modem I purchased (speed touch 516) from them and a 300 Gig Cap.

Overuse charge $.50 a Gig to a maximum of $25 plus tax.

Unlimited usage between 2am and 8am not counted towards cap.

Overall I'll be paying $33.90 less a month for over 3 times more allowance.

Yes Rogers speed was great but what good is it if you can't go farther then the end of the laneway without running out of fuel and having to pay for more. (but you can do this faster)

But now with Tek Savvy, I can go down the street and even around the corner at times and still have some fuel to spare.

It took me so long to wake up.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

I said Internet aside.
hjlow
join:2013-01-05
Kitchener, ON

hjlow to Gtr7

to Gtr7
only problem is teksavvy gives your ip to whoever asks for it :/
bt
canada

bt

said by hjlow:

Only when a court order requires it of them.

shrug
@videotron.ca

shrug

Anon

said by bt:

said by hjlow:

And teksavvy allows themselves to be stepped on to save a dollar instead of challenging anything, as the could and should.

*shrug*

They are only one step above videotron, who did nothing.
bt
canada

bt

said by shrug :

said by bt:

said by hjlow:

And teksavvy allows themselves to be stepped on to save a dollar instead of challenging anything, as the could and should.

Still not the same as just giving it out to anyone who asks for it.