how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Forosnai

join:2011-09-30
kudos:2
reply to Craiger

Re: Combine The ONT, NID and RG Into One Unit?

The iNID combining the demarcation with the "gateway" feature is epic fail. ONTs and NIDs are here to stay, but we will see a newer inside unit that can handle all the transport types of Uverse (would be really interesting to see if pair bonded ADSL2+ could put IPTV into markets that have poor competition).

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

said by Forosnai:

would be really interesting to see if pair bonded ADSL2+ could put IPTV into markets that have poor competition

We already know it can - CenturyLink is using bonded ADSL2+ for its Prism services, which is very much like U-Verse (Microsoft MediaRoom IPTV service, using the same IPTV receivers)

UverseTech

join:2012-08-04
reply to Forosnai

The iNids do work great for a single pair install that's too far though. I agree the concept is a fail, but they work great on a connex in the 2-3K range that struggles. It is so much better than the junk RGs that are in the field today.

I personally swapped at least 2 dozen customers that had intermittent signal issues when no outside problems could be detected and the single pair iNid saved the day. It seems to be overkill but the rgs could not hang. I sure hope other techs read this and start this practice in the field. I picked this up in San Antonio where it is standard practice.

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9

Management chewed me out and told me to not do that after I tried it a couple times in the situation you described

fukitol
Solon for President
Premium
join:2001-06-11
PonziWorld

Ah yes, you can always count on middle management to tell problem-solvers not to solve problems.

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse

1 edit

@Forosnai

»www.pace.com/americas/products/g···/5168nv/ ?

It says it supports pair bonding and ADSL/VDSL. Hopefully we get this in the future lol.

Paralel

join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US
kudos:4
reply to fukitol

said by fukitol:

Ah yes, you can always count on middle management to tell problem-solvers not to solve problems.

If that isn't the truth, I don't know what is.

jl166r

@sbcglobal.net
reply to Darknessfall

said by Darknessfall:

@Forosnai

»www.pace.com/americas/products/g···/5168nv/ ?

t says it supports pair bonding and ADSL/It says it supports pair bonding and ADSL/VDSL.

We will. An instructor in Indy shown me this same model and it had a big AT&T Research sticker on it.

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19
reply to fukitol

said by fukitol:

Middle management? Att is so redundant that you don't reach middle management until you are second assistant manager to the second regional manager under the regional manager.