spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

slajoh01

join:2005-04-23
reply to Grail Knight

Re: [FireFox] Need to Backup all my Firefox Settings, but where?

I've tested by reinstalling and clearing my profile and then reinstalling FF. But, I noticed that the default folder inside the Profile folder was generated a new name....What should I do in this case?

Because when FF is reinstalled, then it will re-create that default folder under the profile folder with a new random name...

I removed that image from the main post if that causes a security concern...Thx for the heads up.

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
said by slajoh01:

I've tested by reinstalling and clearing my profile and then reinstalling FF. But, I noticed that the default folder inside the Profile folder was generated a new name....What should I do in this case?

The actual name of the profile folder does not matter, its the contents inside that do. Well, it matters from Firefox's standpoint, as far as where the profile is located. All you really care about is the files contained at that point.

So, once Firefox is installed, and you run it the first time (to create the default profile), exit Firefox, and then delete everything in that folder. Then, copy the contents of your folder into that location.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

slajoh01

join:2005-04-23
What do u mean by "copy the contents" of my folder???
The one that I backed up previously??

Thanks, getting to understand this more clearer.

Grail Knight

Premium
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Time Warner Cable
reply to slajoh01
Here is more info on Fx Profiles.

»support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/bac···profiles

»support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pro···ser-data